Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, here it is,

I have been furiously trying to get my broadheads to hit the same spot as my FPs. Wont mention brands (because that will be another post and ensuing fanboy g**ness all by itself) except for the fact that it is a 2 blade mechanical.

The BHs have been hitting consistently 2 inches down and 1.25 inches left from the point of impact of the FPs at 25 yards. My question is this, Will moving the rest to match this point of impact create a major deviation in the POI of the FPs as well. I know i will probably have to resight the bow for the 7 different pins but how bad is it going to be??

·
Registered
10,738 Posts
Do you hunt with fp's or bh's?
Does your sight move?

Are the broadheads grouping well and flying well?

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
FPs = Field Points..........if i am caught hunting with them, it is game over for me.....and yes, the 2 blades are grouping nicely to point where i have destroyed 3 FOBs already. Sight is a Spot Hogg SDP7 Sight and it moves.

Should i start tinkering with the rest?

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Raise your rest in very slight increments until the FP and BH impact the same height and then move your rest to the right (toward the bow) until they impact together left and right dont worry about where they impact on the target just that they are hitting together once done with all this resight the bow to impact bullseye and you are done....

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In other words,

Move the rest till FPs and BHs hit same place. Re-sight and I am done? Do i have to do this same procedure at longer yardages as well or getting them to group tightly at 25 will be the same as getting them to group at 40.........reason i am asking is, i have never had to shoot at ANYTHING beyond 30 yards.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Mark where your rest is now, before you move it. (I used masking tape to help me see it.) That way, you could at least move it back if you have to.

If you can get them (FP's and BH's) hitting together at longer yardages you are that much better tuned. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Raise your rest in very slight increments until the FP and BH impact the same height and then move your rest to the right (toward the bow) until they impact together left and right dont worry about where they impact on the target just that they are hitting together once done with all this resight the bow to impact bullseye and you are done....
Ding ding ding! We have a winner! This is exactly what you should do.

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the help guys.....wish me luck...:archer:

·
Registered
10,738 Posts
I knew FPs = Field points

My point was you arent hunting with them, if you cant get them to meet up with the BH's you choose you may just have to move your sight.

I have a pile, and I mean a pile of older broad heads. Brand new - they are the older profile ones, and they dont hit the same spot as my FP's do. But they group just as tight and shoot very well. I may NEVER get them to hit the same spot. I know I wont be spending too much time on it - they are shooting well and grouping well out to 50yds so I will leave well enough alone.

If I were to switch to a newer style head I may have better luck with them hitting the same spot, but until then I will keep practicing with these.

Good luck - report back what you found to be the magic change. May help someone else -

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.