Archery Talk Forum banner

? device that allows lower brace hieght bow without wrist slap?

1325 Views 10 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  DB444
I'm always scheming up new ideas that could potentially help with speed and accuracy.I thought that someone should devolope a bracket of some type that could be installed on low brace height bows to prevent wrist slap. We all know that lower brace hieght bows are generally faster than high brace height bows. Imagine how potentially fast a bow could be with a 3" brace height and the brace installed so you don't hit your wrist? I believe that this device has the potential to increase accuracy by reducing the likelihood of torqueing the release as well. I'm thinking something that could be screwed into the riser that would protrude rearward toward the string that your wrist and forearm could rest against allowing the string to pass harmlessly very close to the bracket and come up just short of hitting your wrist where you'd be holding onto the grip. It could be made out of aluminum or titanium to cut down on wieght. Perhaps a manufacturer has already tried this? What do you guys think??
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No problem with wrist slap or torque

STS or string suppressor will help.
I don't have a problem with either wrist slap or torque ( my bow has a 7+" brace height ). I'm saying it would be nice for a manufacturer to try to produce a bow with about a 3" brace height that was shootable. I'm thinking a device that I've just described could potentially make it possible?

· Registered
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sort of close to what I was thinking

I was thinking it be in the shape that allowed your forearm to rest against it comfortably and be adjustable to different size forearms, Think about it. This would allow your arm/shield to act as a stock like that on a crossbow?? There would be no way to torque the release if your wrist couldn't move?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.