Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone set up a diamond dead eye yet? i got mine all set up and it shoots great, but it seems that it tunes best way inside towards the bow, way in past the center line of the cam. what do you guys think?
diamond dead eye 72lbs 28"
28" fmj 340s
qad hdx dropaway

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ttt

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not even one reply?

·
Registered
955 Posts
Be careful not to overdraw also bcause these bows will lock up once that little draw stop gets behind the cable.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
idler wheel lean is good at both rest and full draw..draw stop is set correct...i dont want to buy another set of arrows with a 300 spine so should i try lowering the draw weight?...and i chronoed it yesterday with the fmj coming in at 470 grains, it shot 282 and with a 360gr arrow it shot 315, i cant really figure it out, center tuned it shot perfect groups at all distances, but i noticed a slight kick right of the bow then it would be fine..so thats when i started moving the center shot, and the only way i could lose the kick was with it way inside..and it still groups just as good

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ttt

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ttt

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Check your knocking point. I had to adjust my nocking point between 1/4" to 5/16" high to get that kick out of mine.

But as for my rest i had to adjust mine toward the riser but not very much.

·
Registered
672 Posts
How are you getting that much speed out of it? At 26.5 draw and a 341 grain arrow I am averaging 286. Shot it at 30 inch draw with a 350 grain arrow and found it's true IBO was 328..

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i will try moving the knocking point and see if it helps..not sure about the speed i shot 5 shots with each arrows through the chrono, thats what i got. double O, can you give me a measurment how far from the riser your arrow center is, just to see if mine is looking crazy far in?

·
Registered
427 Posts
How are you getting that much speed out of it? At 26.5 draw and a 341 grain arrow I am averaging 286. Shot it at 30 inch draw with a 350 grain arrow and found it's true IBO was 328..
I am getting 326 fps / 29.5in / 71lbs / 370gr

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ttt

·
Registered
85 Posts
Check the nocking point on it.. i had to move mine up when i had this same issue with mine.
bow is screaming fast though, i would put it right up against my M6..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts