Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I have recently purchased a 2008 Diamond Marquis and I have a couple questions, as I am not familiar with Diamond bows. All help will be greatly appreciated! Just a couple questions for you Marquis owners:

I may have overlooked them, but I didn't see any timing marks in the cam. Are there any? And if so, how does it need to be timed?

Second, can you give me a good starting point for the center-shot?

Third, do you have any other helpful info. that might be of use?

Thanks guys! God Bless! I look forward to your replies!

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
timing - it's a single cam. so if you ata , brace, height, a pounds are in spec you should be good. adjust the draw stop per your mod draw length and you are there.

I have found setting the rest centered or 1/8 slightly to the left of that groove on the shelf is a good starting point. nock 1/8 high to parallel from the berger hole.

It's a great and very low maintenance to keep tuned.

tips

if it's an, 08 throw out that string stopper behind the rollers and get a proper sts.

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
There are timing marks on the cams but you almost need reading glasses to see them.:cool: They are actually to small dots stamped into the sides. I used a paint pen and marked them after I found them. Like bucktrout said get rid of the factory string stopper. When I got mine I put one on the bottom and shot with both for a while it was quieter after taking the top one off. :darkbeer:

·
Registered
11,243 Posts
The timing mark is supposed to be about 3/16 (?) of an inch inside the limb.

I have side bars on the back of the bow and need to replace the string stop (its an 08 model). So I need one that will replace the one on top. Suggestions welcome.

BTW, I was considering a 09 Sentinel but when it was set at the same speed as my Marquis, the Marq was just a tad faster, like one or two fps.

·
Registered
145 Posts
timing - it's a single cam. so if you ata , brace, height, a pounds are in spec you should be good. adjust the draw stop per your mod draw length and you are there.

I have found setting the rest centered or 1/8 slightly to the left of that groove on the shelf is a good starting point. nock 1/8 high to parallel from the berger hole.

It's a great and very low maintenance to keep tuned.

tips

if it's an, 08 throw out that string stopper behind the rollers and get a proper sts.

I shoot an 08' Marquis and have the factory string stop. I was wondering why you should remove that one and get a regular one. I've heard of people doing that, but never really new why...i'm open for any advice!
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Tip: Serve you bottom Y-cable in .19 Halo serving if you ever get it re done. This will hold up good and not separate.. which happens to some aggressive single cam bows.

Timing marks are very small dots on bottom cam. Dot should line up or sit just above the inside of the limb.

If you ever replace your stock string tamer rubber piece, get one from bow jax.. they hold up well, or take it off and put an aftermarket one on.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
had one and traded it off!

The bow shot well but the serving issues are terrible. I shot at 30"DL 70lb. I had problems with servings coming apart at module and things just kept changing like my peep turning all the time. One thing for sure is look at upper pulley and you need to get all the lean out of limbs as possible. your upper servings will wear also and causes string to roll and move peep around. you have to put extra twist on cable at upper limb. I even sent my bow to diamond twice and had them do their special tune up. Cables last about 800 arrows and things start to change on tune as cables change. Another problem with cam lean is it caused string to move side to side and string stop wears out and pops out all the time. I shoot a lot and this bow wasn't up to the task for my situation. I now only shoot twin cam bows. Hate to bash but this was my paticular situation. I shoot bowtech consititution and 82nd and brigadier my connie is the most durable bow I've ever shot. I can go several thousand arrows and not even have a problem! consistant and accurate!! Also forgot to mention the tech and customer service was excellent and no problems with diamond with all the troubles.

·
Registered
11,243 Posts
The string stop has a deep notch in it and if the stop goes out of alignment it will cause the string to contact the stop off-center with the result being erratic arrow flight. Happened to me and took me a while to figure out what was causing the problem.

·
Registered
11,243 Posts
The string stop has a deep notch in it and if the stop goes out of alignment it will cause the string to contact the stop off-center with the result being erratic arrow flight. Happened to me and took me a while to figure out what was causing the problem.

·
Registered
387 Posts
The bow shot well but the serving issues are terrible. I shot at 30"DL 70lb. I had problems with servings coming apart at module and things just kept changing like my peep turning all the time. One thing for sure is look at upper pulley and you need to get all the lean out of limbs as possible. your upper servings will wear also and causes string to roll and move peep around. you have to put extra twist on cable at upper limb. I even sent my bow to diamond twice and had them do their special tune up. Cables last about 800 arrows and things start to change on tune as cables change. Another problem with cam lean is it caused string to move side to side and string stop wears out and pops out all the time. I shoot a lot and this bow wasn't up to the task for my situation. I now only shoot twin cam bows. Hate to bash but this was my paticular situation. I shoot bowtech consititution and 82nd and brigadier my connie is the most durable bow I've ever shot. I can go several thousand arrows and not even have a problem! consistant and accurate!! Also forgot to mention the tech and customer service was excellent and no problems with diamond with all the troubles.
Same here. Shot it to pieces in 5 months. The last straw was the cambushing failing and needing replacement (the cam leaned and the string rubbed badly when that happened). Sold it after warranty repairs. The 08 dampener is a problem too. I replaced that the first time it remained on the string after a shot. It was a very accurate bow, but not well thought out or made.
RG

·
Premium Member
960 Posts
First thing I do with any bow I buy is chuck the factory strings and get a good aftermarket set. That said, I absolutely love my 2009 Marquis.....I have never owned a bow(and I have owned plenty) that tunes as well as this bow. I can shoot bare shafts out to 20 yards that are just as straight as the fletched shafts. This bow shoots lazers!!!! I also got rid of the factory string stopper and had Bow Rattler make me a custom one that is 100% improvement over the factory one.

I think this will for sure be one of the bows that I keep forever. Not many I have owned have fit me this well and I have owned several of the top three bows.

I just hope Diamond comes out with another marquis size bow in the future!!!:wink:

·
Registered
11,243 Posts
I just hope Diamond comes out with another marquis size bow in the future!!!:wink:
Same here but I doubt it'll happen. Bow Tech seems happy to put their target bow eggs in the Bow Tech basket. Personally I don't think the Brigader or the Sentinel meet the need for a single cam target bow.

But like I say, don't think it'll happen. :cry:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts