Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sooo....I'm getting a new 2009 Diamond Marquis 70# 30" DL bow. Now I need to know what to set it up with. I will be using this bow mostly for open/unlimited class 3D. I may shoot some spots or field with it, but for now, lets just say it's for 3D. I want to know what rest, stabilizer, and sidebars you guys recommend. I would also like to know what sights you guys are using.For those of you who have a Marquis.......POST UP SOME PICS!!!!

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ttt. I know someone has one. come on guys.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Not trying to be rude but i'd recommend some lighter limbs 70lbs for field would get quite tiresome I would think. As far as equipment get the best your wallet can afford. Are you using this for hunting as well?

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not trying to be rude but i'd recommend some lighter limbs 70lbs for field would get quite tiresome I would think. As far as equipment get the best your wallet can afford. Are you using this for hunting as well?
Thanks, but I am really just fine pulling 70. I appreciate it though. I may use it for hunting a little too, but probably not very much.

How about this gear....

Sight: Sword Titan Target (0.010)

Side Rods: Doinker A-Bomb Carbon V-bar Rods (8")

Stabilizer: A-bomb 34" Carbon Stabilizer Rod

Still need to decide on arrows and rest. Anyone got any suggestions on release, rest and arrows? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
874 Posts
The Blade rests seem to be the most popular, i'd recommend getting one with micro adjust just for ease of tuning. Those stabs look nice and should do well. I thought those sights were good sights never owned one but I saw a post on here saying that if you can afford it to go with something nicer such as the Axcel or sure loc, but I don't see why the Sword wouldn't do the trick atleast till you save up for those nicer sights. You could experiment with using your HHA you have in your sig to start with, the only problem with them is no 3rd axis adjustment. Good luck with your setup it should be a good one, just enjoy shooting and not get wrapped up in the equipment game, easier said then done though.

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Blade rests seem to be the most popular, i'd recommend getting one with micro adjust just for ease of tuning. Those stabs look nice and should do well. I thought those sights were good sights never owned one but I saw a post on here saying that if you can afford it to go with something nicer such as the Axcel or sure loc, but I don't see why the Sword wouldn't do the trick atleast till you save up for those nicer sights. You could experiment with using your HHA you have in your sig to start with, the only problem with them is no 3rd axis adjustment. Good luck with your setup it should be a good one, just enjoy shooting and not get wrapped up in the equipment game, easier said then done though.
Cool. Thanks. I am thinking of going with a Trophy Taker lizard-toung-style rest.

Do you have any suggestions for arrows? I was thinking of Easton Fatboys because everyone seems to love them? Just wondering. Thanks for everything so far........

·
Registered
11,404 Posts
For 3D fatter seems to be better. I'm up to Victorys but still like my Easton Flatlines. The scope setup is as important as the sight itself in many ways. Any of the better brands will work and it doesn't have to be brand new.
You might want to look at some of the newer Doniker stabs or B-Stingers. GRIV has a recent article on setting up stabs in Archery magazine that points you in the right direction.
Marquis is a fine bow. Still don't know why Diamond dropped it.

·
Registered
874 Posts
I think the trophy taker is the number one choice, but I don't see much difference in the brands except for adjustability. As far as fatboys go they're a great arrow and have seen many using them, but i've been a little prone to the Gold Tips. I like the Ultralight 22's they're bigger shafted but not to much weight and they are real durable, I have heard of the fatboys being a little brittle. The one real nice thing I think about the Fatboys is you can get them in 3 different spines which can tailor more for your application, while most fat shafts only come in one spine. It sound like your going to have a nice setup, as carlosii said read the info GRIV has on stablilization it will lead you in the right direction, I didn't know squat about stabs till I read that article, and you can find it on www.archerylearningcenter.com website. Good luck.

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks a ton guys! What is the ideal-style scope for 3-d? Big or small? Big pin/ small pin? Pin or dot on glass? What power lense, etc.....? Thanks again for everything so far.

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ttt

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
you sure you are ready for open class?any way the marquis has a lot of reflex the older doinker will flex a ton with the weight you will need out back,here is a starting point,doinker 22.75 fatty with around 4oz.up front and around 12-15oz out back and just run a single rear bar with an adjustable v-bar bracket run it inline and straight out the back an inch from the string as far as a sight you will be moving it all the time the sure lock supreme has a rapid travel button that really helps throw a 1.75 housing with the best 4power lens you can afford,for arrows the fatter the better I personally choose the XXX from gold tip but for you the fatboys will work and fling them off a TT w/micro adjust or better yet a britsite and you are ready to rock just be aware of blade thickness to arrow weight and keep the blade @ a 35* angle and there you go

·
Registered
128 Posts
is their any truth to not using a rip cord rest with a 28 marquis? and they say i need a G5 drop away? do to the rip cord sets up to high for the knocking point.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts