Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone shot one yet?
have one on order for the wife shop did not have one at the time so looking for thoughts on them compared to the infinite edge. was told the 2 were basically the same except for the prism goes up to 55 lbs where as the infinite goes up to 70 lbs.
thank you
mike

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I bought one a few weeks ago and I like it alot. Its has a smooth draw and is very accurate.
The only difference in the two bows are the cams and the poundage.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Got all three of my boys one. They seem to be great little bows and shoot lights out if my boys do there part

·
Registered
240 Posts
I noticed the rotating module on the cams on the Prism are plastic and not metal like the Infinite Edge and Pro. Not sure that I like that?

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
Digging up an older thread here.

I have several of my younger 4-H archery students looking for bows. They are just interested in recreational shooting. They are both around 23" and comfortable with mid #20's

Does anyone have any more information on the Prism or another suggestion they would like to make.

Thanks,

Mitch

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'd really like to hear more about this bow. I can't find reviews ANYWHERE. People only seem to be reviewing the SB-1. The only things I've seen are pictures on twitter of kids using it. Does that indicate that is is really not a good choice for an adult archer? Is this really so far below the SB-1? I am looking for something for target practice only and I don't feel like I can make a good decision without proper information.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Bumping this, I just picked up a prism in black, I am 5'11 with 29 1/2 DL, and ~50lb DW, bow is very solid,

Draw length adjustment - Was pretty simple to adjust up to 28in, past that the allen head holes were located under the limbs so, I just dropped the draw weight down to roughly 25lbs, pulled the stings in and ran the screws in, not overly complicated by no means.

Draw weight - I tore the ligaments, and broke my collarbone back a couple year ago and along with not shooting for roughly 10 years I am not trying to be some super hero so at 50lbs it works wonders for me.

When I received the bow, the D loop was already installed it was 1in under the arrow rest, the cables were not on the cable guide and making contact with the arrow shaft, the arrow rest was about 1/2 to far in. Nothing crazy, but I did expect a little bit better quality out of the box granted its only a $300 bow, seems like they just slapped everything on and said here you go.

The sights are terrible also, definitely getting upgraded.

Hopefully I will have time this weekend to take it and have everything properly set up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts