Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just changed my strings on my Diamond stud and when I draw back it has no valley. I can't remember if the factroy strings had one either. If it should have one which it probably should, how can I get it back?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Move the draw stop back just a little bit until you find the valley to your liking. Make sure you don't over tighten the screw though, if you do you could break it.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
True meaning

Do You literally mean the is no let-off at all? Or do You actually mean "there is a very short valley"? If it is a very short valley, You just put it on my list of future purchase possibilities.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
People get confused on the Diamonds when it comes to draw length, let off. and valley adjustments.
Draw length adjustments are meant to be made by changing modules. The draw stop is to fine tune the draw length, let off and valley. It is recommended that the draw stop stay somewhat centered. You should get the draw as close as possible with the module, and make small adjustments with the stop.
With that being said, you can set it up so there is no valley, and very little letoff.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Do You literally mean the is no let-off at all? Or do You actually mean "there is a very short valley"? If it is a very short valley, You just put it on my list of future purchase possibilities.
The Stud can have "a very short valley" if you want it to by adjusting the post.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
But if You prefer to shorten the valley, does it actually effect the weight You are holding also or JUST the length of the valley?
Well basically adjusting your draw stop puts you at a different point on the draw force curve, effecting draw length and weight. The weight and length are very minute to a certain point when adjusting the draw stop, thus you can shorten your valley with no noticeable change in the draw weight.. but if you creep a hair, it will go.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Ty

Well basically adjusting your draw stop puts you at a different point on the draw force curve, effecting draw length and weight. The weight and length are very minute to a certain point when adjusting the draw stop, thus you can shorten your valley with no noticeable change in the draw weight.. but if you creep a hair, it will go.
That was very informative. Thanks. That really sounds like a great feature. So if I had one, I could make the valley really short but still maintain the full let-off?

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
That was very informative. Thanks. That really sounds like a great feature. So if I had one, I could make the valley really short but still maintain the full let-off?
Technically no. Realistically and noticeably, yes. Meaning that if you adjusted the draw stop just a hair to a certain point, it does not affect let off that much to make a noticeable difference, maybe 1 to 3%. Past a certain point, it will start to change the let off pretty quickly.

I've messed with the draw stop quiet a bit, and they can be set to where the valley is very very short, without noticeably changing the let off.

Best thing you can do is go mess with one yourself at a shop.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts