Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Broke and Happy
Joined
·
5,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my bow back from the shop on sat. and to my surprise my 2004 Bowtech Liberty limbs were replaced with diamond limbs......yeah I know Diamond makes the Liberty now but it still rubbed me the wrong way at first.....that is until I shot the thing. I took my sight off of my bow when I sent it in to get my new limbs and I haven't touched it since, now that I have put it back on wow was there a difference. My first shot sailed about 10-12" high, the second was the same. My bow somehow managed to pick up a ton of speed with these new limbs. My 20 and 30 yard pins are right next to each other, where before they had about a 1/4" gap....I had no idea that getting new limbs would do this to my bow.....I ain't complaining-faster bow and just as smooth and as quiet!

Anyone else with new limbs pick up speed like this? Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
I haven't but that sounds like a good deal to me. Where did you take it that they did this? I would like to find a good bowshop around bloomington.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
559 Posts
Wasn't the IBO on the new Diamond Liberty something ridiculous like 318? I know my 05 Liberty is a screamer compared to my old Hoyt, but it's a sub 300 bow.

I guess I'd take the speed, but I'd hate to replace the pretty "bowtech" with that ugly "diamond". LOL
 

·
Broke and Happy
Joined
·
5,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BGGooseKiller said:
I haven't but that sounds like a good deal to me. Where did you take it that they did this? I would like to find a good bowshop around bloomington.
I get all of my bow work done at Hunters Hideaway in St. Anthony, In. It is about 5-10min south of Jasper but man it is worth it. He sold 26 bows last sat. when I was there and not to mention the accessories. Looking probably an hour and a half to get there but if you want good service then he is the guy.

The 2004 Bowtech Liberty IBO was 308, the 2005 was 304, and the 2006 Diamond Liberty was 302......Mine is still sub 300 but when you put everything back on the bow that you took off and you have to move each pin up 1/2-3/4" then I know it is much much faster than my previous chrono of 250fps.

And yeah I just worry that if I go to sell the bow next season like originally planned then I may have more trouble selling it b/c it is a mixed breed!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
That's where I got my allegiance. I was in there last week and he said he sold 17 bows that sat. Your right about it being worth the drive, John is definately good with a bow.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
633 Posts
sounds like your peep sight moved that would change your point of impact and have to move sight pins that much
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
226 Posts
Something sounds odd to me.....

I had my limbs replaced on my 2004 Liberty a week ago. The limbs do look a bit different compared to my old ones (square blocks on the ends and the limb thickens up a bit towards the cams). I made sure I measured my bow up perfectly before the change and made sure everything was exactly the same after the change (ATA, BH, nock height, lbs, peep etc). Screwed my sight on and I was 1" low at 40yds. 20 and 30 were spot on.

The limbs still say Bowtech and Liberty VFT and shoot the same, so its all good.

Greg
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
633 Posts
the replacment limbs for the 04s have a different limb bushing it changes the limb angle slightly at least thats what they sent for my patriot and justic
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,948 Posts
Why did you guys get limbs replaced?I have an '05 BowTech Liberty,is there problems with the limbs?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
what selling your half breed

$ 50.00 today only offer:) :) :darkbeer: j/k

did they change your string also ?
there are an awful lot of variables that could have
changed the shot / pin placement on your bow.
and yes new limbs is a very big variable.

consinder yourself lucky
if it shoots as good as you say now . why are you even talking about selling ? ( mathews possibly) !!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
754 Posts
dhayse32 said:
I get all of my bow work done at Hunters Hideaway in St. Anthony, In. It is about 5-10min south of Jasper but man it is worth it. He sold 26 bows last sat. when I was there and not to mention the accessories. Looking probably an hour and a half to get there but if you want good service then he is the guy.

The 2004 Bowtech Liberty IBO was 308, the 2005 was 304, and the 2006 Diamond Liberty was 302......Mine is still sub 300 but when you put everything back on the bow that you took off and you have to move each pin up 1/2-3/4" then I know it is much much faster than my previous chrono of 250fps.

And yeah I just worry that if I go to sell the bow next season like originally planned then I may have more trouble selling it b/c it is a mixed breed!

PM me when you get ready to sell next year. I'll remember.:wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
226 Posts
Darton01 said:
Why did you guys get limbs replaced?I have an '05 BowTech Liberty,is there problems with the limbs?
Just the general 'any bow can have the limb crack' type problem. Nothing specifically to do with the Liberty I would say. Keep shooting happily.

Greg
 

·
Broke and Happy
Joined
·
5,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
gregvisser said:
Just the general 'any bow can have the limb crack' type problem. Nothing specifically to do with the Liberty I would say. Keep shooting happily.

Greg
Yeah just noticed it was shooting a little low on every shot....inspected the bow and there was a 4 inch hairline split on the bottom limb. Be sure to inspect your bow because they can cause some damage if they bust!
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top