Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any idea where I can find a source for the diapers that hang behind the large (122cm mats) to stop arrows from going through. I have tried pieces of outdoor carpet but it doesn't work. They had some that was made out of old nylon netting material. Need to find 6 for my club.
Any help?

·
Registered
262 Posts
American Whitetail has them....

I've experimented with this, taped together is about 3" thick. When the X10 at 70M hits the softer spot of the bale, it will pass through this padding by about 2-3" but usually it is slow enough that it barely penetrates the fatigue foam pad.

I was thinking (just haven't gotten around to it) about adding a layer of denim in between two of the pads then taping it back together. That would add some weight and impenetrability. I hang it in place with para cord so it lays without an inch or so behind the bale.

It's n to as large as the whitetails diaper, the whitetails diaper is a little larger and has a lot ore "heft" than my home made one. Good for personal use.

https://www.harborfreight.com/4-piece-anti-fatigue-foam-mat-set-94635.html

If you can swing it, for a club use and multiple targets probably easier to get the whitetail diaper.

·
Registered
964 Posts
See it you can find a local company that uses or services conveyors. Buy some of their used belting. It will stop crossbow bolts, if you get the thicker belts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts