Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know here in IL they did away with all the check stations so now u have to call it in or check it in over the internet..what other states did this ???
P.S i think it sucks the 2nd best time of deer season is checkin in your deer and seein what every one else killed and talkin to all your budys ya no
but just a thought thanks for the feed back....:wink:

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
In Washington they don't have check stations. You kill it tag it and register the kill over the phone or online. If you get stoped by a game wardon you still have to show them the animal and sometimes they will take a tooth for aging reasons or check to see if the deer has a microchip placed by the state.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I'm also from Illinois and I think it sucks too. Last year is the first time in 20 yrs I didn't get a kill pin! I checked in 2 deer on line and never got my pins. It also opened the door for poachers. Why even buy a tag....no one checks you.It's B.S.!!!!!:mad:

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
In Nebraska..

In Nebraska you still have to check them in!!! and yeah it cool to look at the photo board and see what else has been checked in there!!

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
We still need to check them in here in Ohio. They don't really do much of anything except say "Nice deer" and throw a metal tag on it, but as long as they have them...I'll do it whether it's voluntary or mandatory.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Mass

We have to bring all deer to a check station during all seasons. However, during the first week of gun season there are major check stations set up in places like town commons where there are biologists on hand to Age the deer, take some blood or brain tissue to check for illness, take a tick or parasite if they find one and weigh the animal as well as do some rough measures on the rack for bucks.

I wish the MA management plan was focused on building the heard in central/western Ma... It is not and probably never will be... but I have to give props to the managers for trying to learn about the animals and there health.

·
Registered
14,295 Posts
In Ohio, we have to check them in last time I checked the rules.....

If we didn't, deer would become extinct where I'm from....dang ********!!

·
Don't Blink!
3,140 Posts
ScottS71 said:
Mo did last yr. You have to call and check your deer or turkey in now or go online.
Maryland recently converted to check-in via phone or online; new for this year they're giving us 24hrs to report the kill after it is tagged.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Here in Idaho F&G sets up check stations along the highways and if you come to one you have to stop and let them know if you shot something or not and if you did they look at it and make sure you have enough meat and stuff like that. At the end of the season everyone has to submit a report saying if you harvested or not and if you dont you cant buy a next years liscence until you do.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
We have both. In Va. you can call it in but I think if you want to enter it into any contest or for record books you have to check it in person.

·
Registered
385 Posts
arrowslinger200 said:
It also opened the door for poachers. Why even buy a tag....no one checks you.It's B.S.!!!!!:mad:
I don't know what kind of check stations you have in Illinois but there hasn't been a check station invented that would keep these Arkansas ******** from poaching deer. Honest people check deer and dishonest people don't. Arkansas we can check deer in person or over the internet. Last year we went back to the paper tags on our license, what a waste. You have to tag the deer before you move it, but these paper tags fall off before you can get out of the woods. They have a little hole in the corner of the tag where they are to be tied on and it invetably rips off before I can get the deer on the fourwheeler, much less to the check station.

·
Registered
5,033 Posts
Florida still has check stations...Just depends on each WMA as to if you actually need to check it in or not.

·
Registered
137 Posts
ScottS71 said:
Mo did last yr. You have to call and check your deer or turkey in now or go online.
we didnt have check stations last year, had to call them in or go online, i killed 4 does last your and had to call everyone of them in:confused:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts