Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Trophy Nanny Hunter
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The owner of Loggy Bayou (Tim McGhee I think is his name) shot a huge buck, I think it was in Kansas. Jay was hunting in Kansas the whole show, but they didn't say where Tim was hunting. I'm just assuming it was Kansas.

Anyhow, he shot a huge buck towards dark. It looked like a great hit, right in the rib cage. From the angle it looked like he should have had both lungs. They decided to leave the buck and get him in the morning. Sadly, the buck was all torn up by coyotes by the time they got the buck in the morning. I would have been heartbroken to have walked up on that scene if I shot a monster like that. I know the guy probably has tons of money and has shot many huge bucks like that in his life but I still felt really bad for him.

Where I hunt there are coyotes around, but I've never felt scared of leaving a deer overnight on a questionable hit. I left my buck last year because I hit him a bit far back (got the liver) and found him the next morning.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Yep, I saw the show...it was a sad ending for such a fine trophy

Did you noticed the camera shots and angles were from a distance, when they showed the deer the next morning?

Dave

·
Trophy Nanny Hunter
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I did. They probably didn't want to show how bad it really was. It looked like the deer was in at least 3 or 4 pieces. Very sad indeed.

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
yea, you cant show the reality of what mother nature does to game... Peta would throw up their veggie burger...

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Veggie burger.......HA HA

Peta members eats at McDonalds more than hunters do............

Walleye REv.............

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
yea, they buy it thinking its not beef.... then they complain when it there are 6 pieces of onions instead of 8... trust me I KNOW... I work at mckie dees

1 - 6 of 6 Posts