Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of getting a carbon defiant (carbon bows appeal to me because of the weight) but my local pro shop told me they are no longer in production. Is this true? Am sorry for asking I just started in archery.

If this is true, how does the carbon defiant compare to the hyperforce?

Thanks for all the helpful inputs.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Yes, the Carbon Defiant is no longer in production as of this year. Your shop should have told you it was replaced by the RX1 and RX1 Ultra.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
865 Posts
Hoyt's Carbon bows have a limited production run of a few years before being replaced. It started in '10 with the Matrix and the Element arrived the following year in '11. Those stayed in production until '14 when they were replaced by the Carbon Spyder. It was the sole Carbon bow til '16 when the Carbon Defiant arrived and both were replaced by the Carbon RX-1 for this year. While the overall design of the RX-1 is quite different from the Defiant, the carbon portion of the riser is very similar.

If you were set on a Carbon Defiant because you wanted a carbon bow the look no further than the RX-1.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Why was it discontinued? Any issues with the carbon defiant?
As jmike00 said above, they have a limited production life before being replace. There is nothing wrong with them. Companies just replace bows every year to every couple of years, to add updates or provide different options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts