Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long time lurker, first time caller.
new to archery. Not very good. More aggravation than I would have thought.

i am using a Stan prefex longneck thumb release. It broke today mid draw. No injury, arrow hit the target. The arm that controls the release attaches at the body of the near the catch. it broke right at the body. Just curious if I had done something to cause it. Would not like to repeat.
I am very careful to keep thumb well clear of the release until I am at full draw and settled In.
I have reached at to Stan with no reply yet.
thanks.
Wood Bicycle part Hardwood Metal Electric blue

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
New to me. Lancaster archery. 2 years old. Never bumped or dropped. Yes, trigger snapped off. Lots of use. side note; on draw it snapped AND released. Absolutely no contact. I also lightened the release weight recently. 1/2 turn.
Could not find a similar on the wonderweb.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
when it snapped I still had the release in my hand. Sort of slapped me.

i forgot I did loan it to a gentleman from work that used it on a walkthrough course middle of April for an entire weekend. He did not tell me of any problems and was happy with it ( I believe he ordered a onnex). I reached out to see if he dropped it or??? Have not heard back.

i did not see anything on the wonderweb of similar problems so it is clearly me. If it only happens once and only to you sort of thing.

YouJust curious if I gripped to hard. Or setting the release weight without adjusting something else. It broke right at the set screw.
first pic has a Allen key for reference. Pin is still straight.
Thanks

Tool Bicycle part Bicycle chain Auto part Bicycle drivetrain part

Revolver Gesture Tool Gas Cable

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Update. Called Stan. They asked me a few questions and gave me an rma. Mailed the release off and received it today. 8 day turn around. No questions. No charge. Works perfectly. Pretty impressed. However now I am a little gun shy. Hopefully it was a one off and I can get back to normal. If it ever stops raining.
thanks to all

1 - 4 of 4 Posts