Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got to the woods today and as i got out of the truck i checked the wind and it was the one wind i don't need. saw a couple of bucks yesterday but they didn't give me a shot and was hoping to see them today. i just left and decided to try again tomorrow. sure was hard to leave. i practice good scent control and wear scent blok but i couldn't see going in there knowing the wind was dead wrong. i guess i would feel worse than i do right now had i gone in there and gotten busted.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I believe you did right but could you have another stand site or two for different wind directions?

·
Registered
350 Posts
I think you couldn't have been more right than to wait and come back another day. I have gone ahead and hunted despite the wind and it's a bad idea. I alerted every deer in the area that I was there. You certainly did the right thing. Now, when the wind is right you can get back in there with confidence.

·
Registered
50 Posts
There was no back door way to get to your stand. I sometimes hike on the shoulder of the road and come in another way. If mother nature is dumping lots of rain or snow on me I call it a day or at least take a break, but other than that I hunt.

·
Registered
890 Posts
You can't beat the wind. I'll buy you a :cocktail: for doing the right thing even though it's hard to do. If you know that the wind isn't right, don't hunt, end of subject. Sounds like you are on a pattern, no use blowing a stand whether it is early or late season.

·
Registered
28,624 Posts
You did the proper thing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts