Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Left Handed
Hoyt Vectrix(29 DL)
21 Years Old
New To Compounds

Hey guys.

I have a few things I would like to go over with y'all today. I am new to shooting compounds and haven't shot a bow since about 2011 which was a re-curve. I shot for about half a year but I will say right now, I did not exactly know what I was doing. Recently, I wanted to get back into archery specifically to hunt and decided to go with a compound bow. I read up and felt like I was at least knowledgeable enough to go ahead and buy a bow. I measured my draw length out to be 29inches(measure from the tip of one middle finger to the other and then divide that number by 2.5). I looked on craigslist and waited for the right bow to pop up. After all it is hard to find a decent left handed bow that is your draw length on craigslist.. lol. Eventually I seen a Hoyt Vectrix with extras such as quiver, sight, QAD rest and some other things. I paid 320 dollars for the whole bundle. Which I thought was a really good deal for it being a Hoyt, new strings, a release with it, etc. I was excited about my new bow so I went to my local archery shop to get the peep adjusted, arrows cut etc. Unfortunately this trip didn't make it very far as he wanted to measure my draw length to make sure because I explained to him that I had done the research myself etc. He informed me that my draw length is actually 28.5 and that there was absolutely no point in shooting my bow without new cams and strings to fit that. This was very disappointing. He gave me a ball park of right around 300 dollars for cams plus strings and then showed me a couple of the bows he had in store(New), that costed right around 450 which I thought was too good to be true for a decent new bow. He informed me that they have full lifetime warranty etc and if it were him, he would go that way instead of putting the money into the Hoyt because of the warranty you get plus a new bow. The problem for me is that ive never heard of the brand that he had in store plus I know that Hoyts are really good bows and I have heard a lot of good stuff about the Vectrix bow. I was recommended by him to come check out this site and so that is how I found it and I am thankful. Lots of good info on here. Anyways, I am trying to figure out if I should go the route of getting new cams and strings, getting a new bow, or third, is this all just stupid and I can actually use this bow? I know the release he gave me is adjustable and I was thinking I could get half an inch out of that? But then again I am new to all of this so please take what I am saying with a grain of salt. Some things probably sound very stupid but forgive me:) My main concern is I want to get off on the right foot. I know that some cams you can get mods for? I figured that would be nice if that was an option. My main problem is, I don't know what cams I need, or what string to get, etc. Some guidance from you more veteran bow shooters would be much welcomed. I would like to stick with my Hoyt but if that just isn't the answer, I am willing to take it as a loss, try to sell it, and get a new bow.

Thankyou:)

00B0B_8IAza32Ttya_600x450.jpg 00H0H_h0I7k1hh06C_600x450.jpg 00z0z_c0I5tCYzGXR_600x450.jpg 00y0y_e0mdx7sqEmh_600x450.jpg

1 - 1 of 1 Posts