Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was watching the lancaster classic, and he was clearly shooting an HBC instead of an HBX. Did he switch after the release failure in Nimes? Or did he switch before that?

·
Classifieds Administrator
39,370 Posts
No, he mentioned because of the let-off of the Elite he switched back to the HBC. Believe since he made the switch its been the HBC in his hands.

He did amazing in that shoot-off, I think its almost a disadvantage to be #1 qualifier as you sit around and have to wait your turn. Regardless 2nd place gave him a great payday! I can see him being at the top at Vegas this weekend.

·
Registered
11,072 Posts
No, he mentioned because of the let-off of the Elite he switched back to the HBC. Believe since he made the switch its been the HBC in his hands.

He did amazing in that shoot-off, I think its almost a disadvantage to be #1 qualifier as you sit around and have to wait your turn. Regardless 2nd place gave him a great payday! I can see him being at the top at Vegas this weekend.
The guys "on deck" are actually shooting on the practice range the whole time. Or as long as they want. Granted, you aren't under the spotlight but Reo is used to that part by now I'm sure.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm assuming the elite is a higher let off? I have both the HBC and the HBX and I know Reo likes his HBX with a really strong spring in it. I haven't tried it set up that way, but I assume that wouldn't be great with an 85% let off bow.

·
39,370 Posts
The guys "on deck" are actually shooting on the practice range the whole time. Or as long as they want. Granted, you aren't under the spotlight but Reo is used to that part by now I'm sure.
I know that. Reo thrives under the spotlight. Alex is just shooting lights out. I was very impressed with some of those guys and how they kept moving on. In Men's Open really was impressed with Carlise (believe that was his last name) and how he kept digging and making shots count when needed. Great format, Rob really knocked it out of the park for this shoot off!

·
39,370 Posts
I'm assuming the elite is a higher let off? I have both the HBC and the HBX and I know Reo likes his HBX with a really strong spring in it. I haven't tried it set up that way, but I assume that wouldn't be great with an 85% let off bow.
Yes the Elite would have the higher let off than his Hoyts did. I have both releases too but prefer the HBC right now over the HBX.

·
Registered
8,365 Posts
I can agree with you on being #1 qualifier. Wifler was already finding his groove while being in the spotlight in the shoot offs and Reo looked like he needed to settle down right at the very first. But man, once he did he was nailing the spot.

·
Socket Man
24,235 Posts
Reo is a hinge shooter so I am not surprised that he is shooting the hbc, I noticed right after he set that world record with the hbx he was already shooting the hbc most of the time. If you guys haven't shot the hbc you are missing out, I had a medium and liked it but it never did feel right and I always ended up going back to my backspin but a few weeks ago I had a guy wanting a medium so we traded and I got his large hbc and it is so much better for me. It spreads out my fingers a little and for some reason that little amount of spread totally changes it into something special and I can't put it down.

If you have never had a hbc or ht they have the same exact head with micro adjust and it just makes shooting with them so nice. I have been shooting indoor with my large hbc since i got it and had it set up nicely but the moment I headed out to my first 3d tournament this weekend and had to deal with poor footing the same thing that always happens happened. I was to slow, for me and I don't really know why but poor footing causes me to be a little slower so for the first couple targets I shot my shot even though it was a little late in my shot window and then I took my allen and did a very small turn on the speed screw like a 1/16 of a turn. After a couple targets it was absolutely perfect and I shot a sweet score without suffering. With hinges that don't have micro you have to just deal with the issue all freaking day long because loosing the moon is a recipe for disaster if it moves to much.

·
Registered
11,072 Posts
I know that. Reo thrives under the spotlight. Alex is just shooting lights out. I was very impressed with some of those guys and how they kept moving on. In Men's Open really was impressed with Carlise (believe that was his last name) and how he kept digging and making shots count when needed. Great format, Rob really knocked it out of the park for this shoot off!
It is definitely an advantage in that format to be up there shooting for a few rounds. You could see it with Adam Carlise. He was really nervous the first round (both shooters were) and the more he shot the more he calmed down. One thing I was thinking as guys came out to take on the previous match winner . . why didn't they make them move? The higher seed has the choice of lanes . . . it may be considered gamesmanship but I know I would make the guy that had been shooting in the same spot move to the other side. Don't just let him stand there and be comfortable especially if he is in a groove. Dickey was the first guy against Carlise to make him move.

I shot LAS for a couple years and went back to spectate after I stopped shooting. It is the only tournament my wife has ever watched where she turned to me and said "This is exciting"!

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
I agree. He held a couple shots and some how shaked them in the 11. I think he would have gotten farther if he could of had a break between matches

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Elites having a "Higher letoff" can be misleading. It can have just as much or more than the Hoyts by adjusting stops etc. I'm no expert but had my E35 as low as 60% letoff, but didn't keep it there for very long.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I wonder if you asked Reo where he wanted to be seated what he would of said? My guess is right where he was at. Every shooter had to go up their at some point, even the winner.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts