Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cant see the kickers off the g2's in the velvet pics but if they are in the pic you probably wouldn't see them due to the angle...and maybe the left browtine was broke, i dunno...might be a stretch and unfortunatly this is the ONLY pic I have of this deer....mark killed a buck a few weeks ago that looked like one of my other deer...oops hold on I mean it looked like one of the OTHER deer i have pics of...can't say MINE cuz too many people start bashing....but anyways here's the one pic I have of this buck this august....i dunno maybe Im seeing things but it sure looks close...their farm is only 1/2 miles away from ours....

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
They look different to me. Different angle on the right side main beam right at the end of the point, your pic it swoops up and his deer comes more inward. Also left side G3, yours it appears the G3 point is comes inside the G2 and in his they have about the same spread.

They look darn similar though. If they are different bucks, they have to be blood brothers. Here's to hoping the one in your pic is still running around and will cross paths with you at full draw.

·
Registered
28,624 Posts
I would say not.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
not the same look at the brow tines it doesn't appear the one is broke so what happened to the hook?

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
my .02

Deff. a different buck...

·
Registered
542 Posts
Hate to say it, but thats almost got to be the same deer. Racks look quite a bit different once they get the velvet off. Looks like a little broke off the one brow tine, and he probably rubbed enough of the top off the other to take out the hook. If it's not the same deer, the two have to be brothers.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Different animal as far as I can see. Just plain different.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I'm no expert, but they look identical to me assuming the brow tine broke off somewhere along the way.

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
well..

the racks are very similar, but the angle of the G4 on the left side of the velvet buck doesnt even come close to matching the angle of the left side G4 on the dead deer...

·
Registered
454 Posts
the racks are very similar, but the angle of the G4 on the left side of the velvet buck doesnt even come close to matching the angle of the left side G4 on the dead deer...
Ah, I see that now. Yep, that's his brother but not him.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
G3s on Terrys bucks doesnt curve in like your pic.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Yea it looks like the same deer to me. Maybe the Drury's will send you a Christmas present. Now lets see pictures of what you have killed this year????:wink::wink:

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
bownrut-I love the way you put it about 'my' deer, very funny. Too many people on here get way too wired up about stupid stuff...and it isn't even that time of year yet!

I don't think it is the same deer. The left g4 (I think) doesn't have the same character as the one Mark took. Darn close though

1 - 20 of 45 Posts