Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you didn't see it, you missed a funny trick shot. It was on TV last fall. Some guy was on his first bow hunt. He was stalking a buck, I think in TX. Before he and his PH were close enough to try the buck, they notice a pig to the left, in the open and within range. Well the shooter underestimates the yardage. His arrows hits the road bed about 5 yards in front of the pig, bounces, hits the pig and the pig drops dead. It was the most laughable shot I've ever seen.
Anyone got an "Oops" bow shot experience to share?

· Registered
497 Posts
My father was hunting Elk in Colorado and came across a nice 6x6 like 10 years ago. It gave him a shot at about 30 yards, and he took it without much hesitation or preperation. Any other time/place, it was a perfect double lung shot, and he would have a huge elk on the wall now. Instead, his arrow stuck straight into a twig about th size of his thumb right in front of the Elks Vitals. He still regrets that to this day.

· Registered
1,915 Posts
ricochet

buddy of mine did the same thing in Tx in 03 but his pig didnt drop dead instead it ran off and we had to get the landowners trcker to come out with the dogs. He finally put it down with a pistol and we give my buddy hell about it all the time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.