Archery Talk Forum banner

Difference betwwen cam.5 and cam.5 plus?

539 Views 4 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  The Arrow Guru
Looking to update my 06 Ultraelite it has the normal cam.5, the 08's have the cam.5 plus.

So whats the difference in feel of the new cam.5 compared to the standard?
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
4,278 Posts
If you mean that you want to put the Cam.5+ on the 2006 model you'll need to call Hoyt to see what will happen to your poundage. Don't be surprised if they tell you you'll lose 5-10# from your max draw weight.

· Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, no, sorry for the confusion, I dont want to swap cams, I'm wondering if the difference is noticable between cams. I'm planning on buying a new bow.

· Banned
1,400 Posts
I've shot the old Cam 1/2 a lot on a few different bows.

I've shot the Cam 1/2 plus a little on a Seven 37.

I like the Cam 1/2 plus better for sure, not that I don't like the tried and true original but the plus is easier to draw in my opinion.

· Maaaaaahh......THWACK!
Darton, Conquest, Black Eagle
2,863 Posts
i was helping out at the Hoyt table at the MS ASA

I got the opprotunity to talk to one of the Hoyt engineers. The cam.5 plus in its E position is identical to the C2 cam. The cam.5 plus loses a little efficaincy because of the weight of the adjustable module on the side of the cam. So I said that to sya this I absolutly LOVE the original cam.5an but the cam.5 plus would have a little less of a hump in the roll over and be a touch faster.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.