Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have looked at the specs for the bows and know the differences on paper between the Mathews Switchback, Switchback XT and Switchback LD. However what are the differences in smoothness, accuracy, vibration, sound, etc between the three?

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
The best of them is the xt the LD has a high brace hight and it's alot slower but it's a shooter but I would go with the XT

·
Registered
341 Posts
In a nutshell...

I have looked at the specs for the bows and know the differences on paper between the Mathews Switchback, Switchback XT and Switchback LD. However what are the differences in smoothness, accuracy, vibration, sound, etc between the three?
In a nutshell: the Switchback XT sits in between the standard Switchback and the LD one.

XT vs. standard Switchback:
The XT is more forgiving (has a longer brace height) but slower (just 3 fps slower)

XT vs LD:
The XT is faster but less forgiving (the LD has longer AtA and brace height).

More info can be found here:

Mathews Switchback Review

Mathews Switchback XT Review

So, it depends on what you want out of your bow. IMO the LD is better for competition and 3D shooting. If i was choosing between the standard Switchback and the XT i would choose the latter. It just bridges the gap between the other two nicely. It's more forgiving than the standard one and is only 3 fps slower.

Hope this helps.

·
Banned
6,593 Posts
axle-axle length on the XT to the LD and SB, and the brace hight between the SB and the LD.

if i remember right, the LD has a 9" brace hight..

·
Wisconsin Bowhunter
1,527 Posts
In a nutshell: the Switchback XT sits in between the standard Switchback and the LD one.
So, it depends on what you want out of your bow. IMO the LD is better for competition and 3D shooting. If i was choosing between the standard Switchback and the XT i would choose the latter. It just bridges the gap between the other two nicely. It's more forgiving than the standard one and is only 3 fps slower.
Excellent info. If your looking for a more technical review on the XT see the link below.
http://www.grandviewoutdoors.com/bo...nt/1/2006/45/Bow-Report-Mathews-Switchback-XT

·
I am the Tin Man!
2,982 Posts
The Switchback LD is the smoothest and most accurate bow I have ever shot. It is also the s l o w e s t. I could take a shot with that bow, put it down and eat a sandwich while watching the arrow in flight. It would usually hit the target about the time I got to the crust. Hard to miss with that bow though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts