Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me the differences between these releases- Chocolate addiction, Insatiable 3 and target 3? I'm thinking of buying one and looked on carters website but they all look the same to me. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Functionally they all work about the same. Thumb trigger releases, although there are some subtile differences in the actual mechanisms.

Mostly the differences are in the shape of the handles.

The CA is a large chunk of metal. If you have big paws then this release might be just the ticket for you. I average sized hands, and I found the CA to be a bit on the big side for me. I could shoot it well but it just didn't feel quite right. The CA also has a unique mechanism for closing the release head. When the cocking lever is pressed, it serves to both cock the release and to close the bail around your loop.

The Insatiable3 and Target 3 are nearly identical with the exception that the Insatiable has a swept back design as opposed to the T3 which is more of a straight handled release. The Instatiable also has the ITS system which will allow you to change the spring tension without taking the release completely apart. Both of these releases operate similar to most other hand held releases, in that the cocking lever is depressed to cock the action, then the bail is manually closed around the loop.

While I have not owned all of these releases in the 3 finger version, I currently have or have tried them all in the 4 finger versions (CA, Insatiable, and Target 4). For me, the Insatiable is "the one". It just seems to melt into my hand, however your mileage may vary.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts