Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at getting a new fletching jig or jigs (bitz, jojan, BPE, etc.) and noticed that you can get different nock receivers for them. I understand the part about having reference/index points for different angles/spacing of fletchings like 120˚, 90˚ and 75˚ x 105˚. But I have a couple of things I am not sure of.

1. What is the difference in receivers with cock vane up, cock vane down?

2. Does it make a difference to have a receiver for right wing, left wing or straight? I have talked with guys that don't switch out receivers between the different clamps. Can you use a straight receiver and different clamps, but not right or left receivers with different clamps?

3. If I got a bitz, does the zenith upgrade specify a cock vane position or clamp type? Is the bitz upgrade worth the additional money for someone not fletching a ton of arrows like in a shop or is not a serious target shooter?

Thanks for the help and clarifications. It is appreciated.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
I'm not familiar with the zenith upgrade (suppose i should search and learn) but if you're using pressure fit nocks it doesn't matter what receiver you have for your bitz. just fletch and then rotate your nock.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not familiar with the zenith upgrade (suppose i should search and learn) but if you're using pressure fit nocks it doesn't matter what receiver you have for your bitz. just fletch and then rotate your nock.
Thanks for the reply.

Any other comments anyone can offer?

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Thanks for the reply.

Any other comments anyone can offer?
The Zenith nock receiver gives you better control on the back of the arrow when pressing on your vanes. The Bitz receiver tend to let the nock slip, causing uneven spacing of the vanes.
Bitz is the best but it can be even better. With the upgrade nock receiver by Zenith you can do a flawless job with any arrow/vane combination. See the threads listed below and search for other comments from those who already have the upgrade. If you use a fast set glue it's not a time consuming job doing one vane at a time.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=584491&highlight=bitzenburger

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?p=7558477&posted=1#post7558477

Joe B.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts