Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somewhat new to shooting and was wondering about the different styles of peep. Trying to see what peoples opinions are on the peep sight with the peep tubing or the tru peep style.

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
The majority of target shooters use peeps with no tubing. The tubing slows down the bow and also there is the danger of it hurting your eyes. If you are using a D-loop and have the string properly twisted and it is a good quality string, you should not have any problems with string rotation.

Hunters generally prefer the tubing. They sometimes do not use the D-loops and they prefer the insurance of the tubing bring the peep sight into alignment. However, many are using the peep sight without tubing.

I personally will never use a peep sight again on a hunting bow. I prefer the NO-Peep system. I like to shoot a caliper release off the string because I find it is easier for me to find in the reduced light of morning or evening hunting. The No-peep allows me to shoot later and still see well and once it is properly set I am just as accurate and can set the shot up much faster than with a peep and I have not lost my percival vision.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts