Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a different way to tie in a peep. Kind of a take off from the method Gillingham demonstrated. The peep is secured with a constrictor knot, then using the serving method instead of square knots to lock it in place. This way it can be easily removed with a single cut of the serving on the peep sight. I'm sure its been done before but I'll call it the "bum wrap".

"Traditional" peep tie in

"Bum wrap"

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,868 Posts
That’s the way I do mine. Wrap like gillingham then backserve. I saw Jimi Ellis do this and thought it was a good idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20,624 Posts
Done that before myself. I typically do the top method, which also can be undone with a single cut around the peep because I use a constrictor knot and then use the tag ends to serve the rest, but both work well. For me it's an aesthetics thing mostly, I think the top looks neat and we all know that's 90% of it :wink:

One thing you can do with the top version that you can't do with the bottom, though it's still a great way to tie them in, is use the knots to micro tune the peep rotation. Say the peep is sitting just a couple degrees from perfectly square. You can use the top or bottom knot, depending on the string twist direction and the direction the peep needs to turn, to softly squeeze the top or bottom triangle and rotate the peep so it sits straight. It's not for big changes but I've had some extremely picky customers in the past that this was the only way to get their peep dead straight and at the exact height they wanted.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts