Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a problem finding a bow that will fit my wife. First let me say she has a Mathews Passion and loves it. Here is my problem she has a 22.5" draw:mg:
I am wanting to get her a new bow before sept. and I cant find anybody that has something that will fit her. The real problem is that she wants a "adult bow" and not a "kids" or "junior" bow. The only thing that I can find is the Passion and Prestige(which she has had but the phsyical weight of the bow is to much
) by Mathews and the Hoyt Alphaburner(which she doesn't like). any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks guys and gals.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
sounds like you're in need of an arm stretcher:wink:

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL I know right
Tried it and she says it hurt to much LOL:icon_1_lol::chortle:

·
Banned
1,744 Posts
Why not keep the Passion. What is that - a year old?

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Martin Leopard runs 21-26 with mods and draw weights of 25-40, 35-50 and 45-60. Mass weight is less than 3.4# bare bow.

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Why not keep the Passion. What is that - a year old?
I am keeping the Passion cause she loves it just want to get her another one cause I have 3 and she deserves another one. I just want to get her something else besides what she has and what she has already had.

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
818 Posts
Get a different color Passion or go with the Prestige. Can't go wrong with either of the Mathews bows.

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ttt

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
519 Posts
Second the vote for Martin Leopard. It's no "toy" or "kids bow".. and with 7" brace ht. and overall shootability, plus the optional STS, CCS, choice of colors etc, it also looks great and will hold it's value. True lifetime warranty helps too! :D For a 2nd bow, might as well try something different than what she's got! :wink:

·
Registered
612 Posts
My daughter shoot 2010 Hoyt Kobalt 22." (target color)

DL 21.5"~28"

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Parker makes the SideKick, and I have some 09's on clearance. Darton makes the Pro 3500 short draw (SD) but still down to 23"

·
Registered
321 Posts
not sure what poundage she is pulling, but i just bought my girlfriend a bear apprentice the other day and at 22 inches(+a half inch loop) i think it will max out somewhere around 38-40 lbs. i shot it some to make sure everything was good and it actually shot very well

·
Premium Member
5,946 Posts
Well its' too bad you can't find a bow for her.....guess you will have to find one for yourself....;)

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
We just got my wife a Mathews Ignition, they say it goes down to 19" draw (my wife has a 24" draw and 37lb draw weight) and it's lighter than my daughters Martin Leopard !

Specifications*
IBO Rating: 278 fps
Axle-to-Axle: 31.375"
Brace Height: 6.5"
Draw Weight: 20, 30, 40, 50lbs
Bow Weight: 2.9 lbs**
Let-off: 65%
Draw Lengths: 19" - 26"
Half Sizes: 22.5" - 25.5"

The PSE Chaos looks ok too, and they make it in pink (if that's what your wife wants) :darkbeer:

Woody

1 - 20 of 27 Posts