Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Deer make good burgers

Why would you waste such an animal. I am up for having pets, but domesticating a high quality food source just seems to be odd. To go thru all the hoops to keep it around, (a GPS) for crying out loud so it doesn't disappear should give someone a hint. Regardless, peace with them and hope that the dillie deer lives bountiful life. Because there wwill always be someone a waiting for her. LOL on in fun...

·
Registered
14,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
..saw it on the early evening news.....yup......hey I think Canal Winchester is in the Urban Zone.....:eek::wink:
Headed that way in the AM then, maybe I could catch dillie dropping the duece and finally fill my tag! lol

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
way too cool! i'd love to have a pet deer.

we had one at my old hunting camp. we named him spike ( he was a spike ) and he stuck around the cabin and would sleep inside when it got real cold. he had a blaze prange collar.

neighbors shot him as a 4 point.

RIP SPIKE!!

·
Registered
14,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
way too cool! i'd love to have a pet deer.

we had one at my old hunting camp. we named him spike ( he was a spike ) and he stuck around the cabin and would sleep inside when it got real cold. he had a blaze prange collar.

neighbors shot him as a 4 point.

RIP SPIKE!!
Ouch! Poor Spike!! lol

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
First off, these people are idiots for feeding it foods not natural to it's diet.
That deer may be tame now but sooner or later all that will end.
Put a tarp out in the garage, lead it out there all nice and petting like, slice it's throught. Fire up the slow cooker.

·
Registered
14,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
First off, these people are idiots for feeding it foods not natural to it's diet.
That deer may be tame now but sooner or later all that will end.
Put a tarp out in the garage, lead it out there all nice and petting like, slice it's throught. Fire up the slow cooker.
Or leash the dang thing past my treestand!

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
On second thought, fresh doe pee..
Save the slow cooker for after the season is over.

·
Registered
137 Posts
About 4 or 5 years ago I had a button buck here at the house that adopted my Chessie and he adopted it. They used to play together all the time. He slept under the deck outside the kitchen. I don't know why it hung around. I wasn't feeding it. Mother must've got killed during season. Was here all winter and disapeared the following summer. He was a pudgy little guy. Use to call him buttrball and many times thought of leading him into the basement and into the freezer. LOL But I didn't. Guess the coyotes or a vehicle got him in the end.

·
Registered
10,964 Posts
I've seen it all now

·
Registered
515 Posts
read through this post, and I thought all the slobs are supposed to be from Michigan?

I guess I'm in the minority in that I have more respect for these animals than I do most people. Most of you just made me feel better in that conviction.

·
Registered
770 Posts
read through this post, and I thought all the slobs are supposed to be from Michigan?

I guess I'm in the minority in that I have more respect for these animals than I do most people. Most of you just made me feel better in that conviction.
Thank you. Did ya'll miss the part where she is blind and 5 years old????

·
How hard can it be?
1,450 Posts
That was too cool. If it was a pet pig would all you wild hog hunters have to go shoot it! Give me a break.:(

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
cool,amazing how it adapted to pet life,myself, if i knew it was a pet i couldn't shoot it, no sport in it. it would be like shooting dangerous game thur the bars at a zoo and claiming what i great hunter i was,just couldn't do it.might as well buy antlers off ebay and make up storys about them.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
ohhh come on, we are close to 20 posts and havent had anyone come up with, IM NOT SURE THATS LEGAL......come on you nazi cops wake up and check yer law books and dec web pages, maybe we can have these people arrested!!!:set1_rolf2:

·
Registered
973 Posts
That was too cool. If it was a pet pig would all you wild hog hunters have to go shoot it! Give me a break.:(
Most pet pigs where I am from are fatten up.......and turned into bacon and pork chops.:wink:

Being a pet should have never happened to the deer. :zip:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looks to me like most of you feel threatened...

...by the idea that some people have compassion for animals. Seems like you guys spend a lot of time trying to kill things. Why don't you think about all the suffering that is going on in this world and focus your time and energies on trying to help?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts