Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to have the cams of my hunting bow dipped, and would like to know from folks who've had cams dipped how they treated the string grove, leave the grove as normal or dip the whole cam? Will the string wear thru the dip and peel it? Or would it be best to tape off the edge of the cam and dip both sides? Opinions please. :)

· Registered
8,662 Posts
Dip will not stay in the string groove. The only thing that will is anodising

· Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't think the an anodized cam will look as good as the dipped cam would and since I'm talking about a Martin Nitrous C cam, they're large. I'm not real concerned with the dip weaing out of the grove but more about any peeling that might occur. As you can see they're large and shiny....:)

· Registered
8,662 Posts
being anodized all ready peeling should not be a problem dip them just be aware it will not stay in the groove long.

· Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you. No problem then. By the time Bambi's dad see my shinny string grove, he'd best be watching those other shinny thing comming at him, all 3 blades of my 100grn Muzzy. Them big ole C Nitrous gather a lot of light, and movement really shows. Sight is going along for a dip as well. I'll leave the QuikTune black.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.