Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First I will say I am in no way connected to this. I am just a hunter who is tired of watching gold mining, monster trucks, and infomercials.
There is a new channel called the Sportman's Channel that shows all hunting and fishing all the time. Niether of the sattilite companies carry it at this time. Please contact them and request it so we can get quality programming on. Go to the website and check it out. It looks awsome...
http://www.thesportsmanchannel.com/

·
Registered
32 Posts
My mom is dating one of the guys from the sportsmans channel that tries to get other networks to carry their channel. According to him dish network will probably be carrying sprotsmans channel withing the next 6 months. Kind of sucks for me because I just switched to direct tv from dish and now it looks like I'll be switching back as soon as my year is up.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you could please let us know if you have gotten through to them.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I e-mailed programming at Direct TV and they e-mailed me back saying that they schedule programming based on customer request. In other words if they get enough e-mails requesting it, they might put it on. So let's cover them up.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Bamabowhunter said:
I e-mailed programming at Direct TV and they e-mailed me back saying that they schedule programming based on customer request. In other words if they get enough e-mails requesting it, they might put it on. So let's cover them up.
If you have the email or website or mailing address, post it here and then everyone can hit the link and make a request every time they log on to AT.

Just a suggestion... We all have intentions to do things... but never get around to doing them, so the easier it is to do....the more likely people will submit their request.:darkbeer:

·
Straight Shooter
5,656 Posts
Geez, you guys are terrible. I go out every weekend and pan for gold with my brother in law and my one aunt and uncle. We haven't found anything yet, but the guys on TV always find gold, so I know it's possible.....

Ok, now being serious, where would you like me to send an email to get that crap off of my TV? Honestly, I'll do it right now! And the NON outdoors shows (monster trucks, paid programming, bull riding) that are on the Outdoor channel, come on, Dish Network can do better than that at filling time slots, can't they? I am so glad to hear some one else complain about this.

I'm in, just tell me where to sign:wink:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Here's the reply I got back from Dish Network.

Thank you for your email. Specific information regarding your request for sportsman channel is not currently available. We would like to add that channel, to make viewers like you happy, but we do not know if or when this will happen. We will gladly forward your request to our Programming Department for further consideration.

We thank you for your input as we continually review our options in order to provide a compelling lineup for our viewers. Please stay tuned for consumer Charlie Chats that are broadcast monthly on Channel 101 or logon to our website for future programming announcements.

Your business is greatly appreciated and we thank you for allowing us to be of assistance to you. If you have any further questions or concerns, please refer to www.dishnetwork.com or reply to this email.

Sincerely,

Sherry I.

TID;PB-BETA

DISH Network eCare

·
Registered
385 Posts
Just added my email request to their list.........

·
Sign me Up
1,760 Posts
headzilla97 said:
If you guys get gold gol gold gold feeeeevaaaaaaa taken off the air god bless you
The Massie's own the Outdoor Channel, so it ain't going nowhere

·
Registered
343 Posts
our cable company put the sportsmans channel on about a year and a half ago and its pretty cool. only thing is they show the same programs over more than the outdoor channel. i guess there are only so many hunting shows out there to watch a month. but its something else to watch when the crap shows are on the gold fever network.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I know what you guys are talking a about...... The Outdoor Network and The Sporstmans channel are way better that OLN... (except I like cycling).

But with the last couple of companies I have been with (Dish whatever) they have always let me add a channel to my plan(the cheapest basic one) for a $ or two "a la cart" ... call and try it.

Jess

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
I just sent an email to Dish Network.We'll see what happens.It sounds like a pretty cool channel.

Brandon

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Lets keep this going guys. There are a lot of sportsmen on AT, we can get this done.
Let them know about the Sportsmans channel.

·
Registered
566 Posts
headzilla97 said:
If you guys get gold gol gold gold feeeeevaaaaaaa taken off the air god bless you

believe it or not I know several people that actually loves that show, personally I can care less but it does get old.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Ok sent my request to dish Net

1 - 20 of 35 Posts