Archery Talk Forum banner

Disabled/crossbow?

598 3
I'm currently disabled and I don't know if I will ever regain my ability to operate the fine bow I now have. A friend brought up the idea of using a crossbow for archery season here in my state. So the question I have is; if any of you know, what would be a good crossbow to get and why? I've never been a fan of crossbows in the past, but with a spinal-cord injury and a neck full of hardware, I'm not sure I could withstand the recoil of a riffle or muzzle loader. I certainly don't want to find out I can't the hard way. A mans' got to fill the freezer somehow. Any input will be appreciated. Thank you.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· JB WELD PRO STAFFER
13,674 Posts
I would put this in The XBOW forum were the experts are. Also on the rifle bit Drop down to a .223 and you shouldnt have any recoil to speak of at all. I might contacting a Gunsmith about building you the perfect recoiless deer rifle:darkbeer: either way you can hunt good luck finding the right tools:wink:

· Registered
3,204 Posts
Amazing the clarity reality brings when it comes home.

Go for it, and consider it a blessing that you can still get out.

And then become an advocate for others as well.

Steve

· Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess I wasn't smart enough to look for a crossbow section here. Thanks for the advice. I primarily hunt elk so the small riffle caliber is out. but thanks anyway. To the rest of you; ignore this thread as I will be looking in the xbow section for this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.