Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a spot to hunt and we set up a camera and had several pictures of nice deer and several does. put up a feeder over a week ago and since have had no pictures from this spot. any idea what may have caused this. i think it was a mixture of the feeder not working(timer broke so it wouldn't throw any corn out) and for the past several days it has stormed here and caused the movement to slow down a lot. does anyone else have any idea what may have caused this? thought it may be the feeder so i took it down for now and just spread corn by hand to see what may happen. any input is appreciated good luck to all.

·
Registered
4,068 Posts
Human scent in an area will make a deer change its pattern quick. good hunting

·
Premium Member
3,707 Posts
First the feeder scared them away, it takes deer here months to get used to a feeder then the big ones still wont come sometimes. Second, spreading by hand isnt the best method unless you are trying to get the deer used to your smell like I do, but I do it year round, notjust days or weeks from opener. If I am dumping a new pile this close to season, I only go if its raining...........:wink:

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Human scent can be part of it.

Another part of it is could be the bucks are getting out of velvet and starting to break up. As it happens they change habits, a lot.

·
Anti Fanboy
42,158 Posts
Besides human scent, deer will travel some distances if they find something to eat they like better.

I have seen deer change all their usual eating habbits when the white oak acorns start to fall.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts