Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many people while shooting would be distracted by a brightly colored riser.

·
aka "5 Spot"
9,756 Posts
How many people while shooting would be distracted by a brightly colored riser.
A bow with a bright finish (chrome) can definitely cause issues when the sun is directly behind you. I used to shot a Martin S4 with the Chameleon (near chrome) finish. I had to put a piece of grip tape on the riser due to sun reflection.

·
Registered
740 Posts
That could depend on who is shooting it.

In the last few days swarms of Buffalo gnats have become a big distraction.
flies, horse flies, wasps, mosquitoes, hornets, bees, sweat, heat, wind, rain,
bright sunlight, shadows, spiders living in target butts are to me a much larger distraction than the riser others are shooting, again depending on who is shooting it.
To me it makes no difference to me what I am shooting when I am shooting.

·
Civil but Disobedient
7,114 Posts
Fingers81,

From earlier posts I know that you are a barebow shooter. As such, you will be viewing through the sight window where the color of the bow will be very apparent to you as you shoot. I have not had any issues with color affecting my aiming or being a distraction while shooting barebow. This includes aiming off the arrow tip, rest and shelf. I have not experenced issues with glare either but that may be a function of the orientation of the range relative to the sun. I am including a picture of my barebows. The silver could be pretty reflective but I but glare has not been an issue. The red bow is used indoors; the other outdoors. Would you consider these bows brightly colored? Are you looking at more brightly colored bows that these?

·
Genesis 21:20
20,719 Posts
Nice stable there Hank. ;)

John.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
HANK!.....YOU have 3 sets of Border limbs.....I have NONE!.....What's wrong with this situation??...L.O.L...By the rules of the current administration, and the next progression of the current administration, You are required by LAW to send Me at least one set of those limbs....I'll take the shortest, heaviest set that You have, PLEASE!.......L.O.L.........Jim P.S........X2 what John said, nice Stable, but I'd call a collection like that a Harem!.L.O.L..Jim

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice Bows but I mean Brightly colored as in BRIGHT Fuchsia

·
Civil but Disobedient
7,114 Posts
HANK!.....YOU have 3 sets of Border limbs.....I have NONE!.....What's wrong with this situation??...L.O.L...By the rules of the current administration, and the next progression of the current administration, You are required by LAW to send Me at least one set of those limbs....I'll take the shortest, heaviest set that You have, PLEASE!.......L.O.L.........Jim P.S........X2 what John said, nice Stable, but I'd call a collection like that a Harem!.L.O.L..Jim
Harperman, I might consider passing title to you on the hot tub in the corner of the picture...but I keep the limbs !!!! That is my best and final offer.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Harperman, I might consider passing title to you on the hot tub in the corner of the picture...but I keep the limbs !!!! That is my best and final offer.
.L.O.L........Thanks, Hank!.....Buuuut...Hold up a minute......What's in the hot tub??...L.O.L....Jim

·
Civil but Disobedient
7,114 Posts
What make is the center riser in your picture ? I really like the looks of the riser weights.
The center riser is a Best Zenit with the new barebow kit designed to fit on the Olympic version riser. The lower bow is a Best Moon. The Zenit used to come in a barebow version that had round holes on the bottom that took weights like the Moon. You can still see a picture of it on www.bestarchery.it. The weights on the Zenit look big but they are aluminum -- so they are not as heavy as they appear. There is a brass insert inside of each plate that can be removed if you want a lighter bow. You can buy the kit with our without the inserts. I am including a link to the thread with my review of the weight kit along with pictures. I had to make a gasket out of 1/32 inch latex to keep the weight from moving. The gasket in the photos is 1/16 inch which I later replaced. The top bow is a PSE Intrepid. All bows have Spigarelli barebow weights attached to the lower stabilizer bushings.

Here is the thread: http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=904858

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Jim those won't work for you as they are left handed limbs.......:wink:

Nice bows Hank.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thanks Hank . I really like the looks of the silver riser. Lancasters has barebow weights that screw in the stabilizer bushing now.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Does seeing a top shooter at a tournament make you shoot better or kinda take you off your game?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts