Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I saw someone post on here a while back that they wanted to make a DIY bow fishing rig and then some one suggesting something like a shoot through coffee can..... well it stuck in my head and since the wife has been begging me for a fishing set up for her bow so she can take it froggin' I figured what the heck it'll just cost me some time and get her out of my hair if it works, and it may be fun too!!! So I made it and we tested it tonight, she went out and missed the first 2 frogs then smoke a buffalo that would have gone 15lbs at the least.... RIGHT THROUGH THE HEAD!!! I love how the rig works and it shoots spot on the pins out to 20yds, and really if you are bow fishing at 20 yds then you need to aim the lights lower!!!! she then went on to miss more frogs but had a blast and the rig held up just fine to real world testing.... it needs some work in the cosmetic department but as for function, it's all there.

003 (2).jpg

I'll take some pics after the holiday weekend of the rig itself and hopefully will have some dead frog pics as well.

Steve

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Im not trying to be the one to ruin your thread, but you may need to check your states bowfishing regulations. Im pretty sure its illegal in every state to bowfish with hunting arrows.

Just watching out for you, not trying to be a debbie downer!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts