Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last night at work I had an idea to build a bow press. I got online to look at pictures to start a rough cut of materials. If anybody has done this and has some tips or thoughts on it I'd like to hear them.
Rectangle Bumper Gas Automotive exterior Composite material

Gas Wood Metal Sports equipment Engineering

Air gun Trigger Grille Wood Bumper

Reactions: Mossy-Back

·
Registered
15,425 Posts
My press is like every other inline press, but the mount system is what really makes it shine. I designed it so it could easily mount to the wall, a bench or a trucks receiver hitch.
The bench and truck mount both have 3 axis adjustments. The wall mount only has 2. Its actually crazy simple and only used a couple larg bolts and a short piece of tube to fit over them.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15,425 Posts
It can also rotate 360° on the base. The last picture a modification i did, so I don't have to remove the hedog cam protector from my solocams in order to p re ess the bow. Removal is necessary with conventional fingers.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
(aka lug nut)
54,809 Posts

·
(aka lug nut)
54,809 Posts
So last night at work I had an idea to build a bow press. I got online to look at pictures to start a rough cut of materials. If anybody has done this and has some tips or thoughts on it I'd like to hear them. View attachment 7674294
View attachment 7674292
View attachment 7674293
See post #42 in this thread.

Bicycle part Line Gas Wood Auto part

Center drill the plate, a plate with rounded corners for a slip fit inside your tube.
Run the acme threaded rod through the hole.
Now, weld the acme nut onto the plate.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
See post #42 in this thread.

View attachment 7674615

Center drill the plate, a plate with rounded corners for a slip fit inside your tube.
Run the acme threaded rod through the hole.
Now, weld the acme nut onto the plate.
Thanks Nut's, that's a great source of info, right what I was thinking. I was going to go with standard thread rod, but now thinking to go with the acme thread. Move a lot faster, although I would mainly be doing my bow's. And all my stuff is right in the 31/33 OAL. If I ever decide to sell it, the ability to adjust quicker would make it a better value to the next guy. I have seen the presses that can rotate 360 degrees, is that something a regular guy would benefit from?

·
(aka lug nut)
54,809 Posts
Thanks Nut's, that's a great source of info, right what I was thinking. I was going to go with standard thread rod, but now thinking to go with the acme thread. Move a lot faster, although I would mainly be doing my bow's. And all my stuff is right in the 31/33 OAL. If I ever decide to sell it, the ability to adjust quicker would make it a better value to the next guy. I have seen the presses that can rotate 360 degrees, is that something a regular guy would benefit from?
Nice to have. Most folks buying the EZ Green press do not have this option. Since you are fabricating, you will enjoy the convenience.

The all thread is consumer grade, and if you use the press a LOT...the all thread can wear out. Acme thread will last forever, even in a commercial use environment.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts