Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen a homemade wood framed chicken wire target that is stuffed with grocery bags here on AT. I cannot find it again. If you are the owner of one of these please post or PM me. Mine is almost done but I have some questions. Thanks

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
hey IA, I would watch out with the shrinkwrap, I have seen it stick to arrows pretty hard. Plastic seems to be better, but this is only from my experience.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
hey IA, I would watch out with the shrinkwrap, I have seen it stick to arrows pretty hard. Plastic seems to be better, but this is only from my experience.

I don't know, I'll have to see. I talked to the originator of the thread I posted the link to and he said they had no problems at with the target. Hopefully it will work out ok. I'm planning on using mine as a long range target 40-50-60 yards so hopefully the reduced arrow speed will cause less friction heat.

·
Registered
762 Posts
I have one of these and our club has about a dozen, shrink wrap, the type that comes on a roll, not the type that uses a hot air gun works best. I have some pictures of one I made that I can email to you if you pm me your email address. They are to large to post here. If you follow the attached link it will take you to our club website and you can see the ones we made for the club.

http://www.davenportvalleyarchers.com/pages/facilities.html

Good Luck
Ron

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ahhh, the green one that Ron posted is what first inspired me! I am planning on using grocery, walmart bags to stuff it. I have considered covering with carpet instead of chickenwire as I am cocerned with the bags tufting or pulling through the wire with the arrows. There are 2 sizes of chicken wire, looks like a 1 inch and 2 inch. I see the green target appears to use the larger.

Is the wire holding up and more importent are your arrows still holding up well?
Any ideas on this will be appreciated.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts