Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what and how would ya'll suggest to get started installing my own fletching. what jig, glue, and so on. i am pretty new to this whole thing. and i would like to do as much as i can by my self. I am figured out it is really a pain to take arrows in to get them fletched and i have noticed jigs aren't that expensive. any help would be great. what a great site to learn!!!!!!!!!!

· Premium Member
10,362 Posts
Bohning jig

what and how would ya'll suggest to get started installing my own fletching. what jig, glue, and so on. i am pretty new to this whole thing. and i would like to do as much as i can by my self. I am figured out it is really a pain to take arrows in to get them fletched and i have noticed jigs aren't that expensive. any help would be great. what a great site to learn!!!!!!!!!!
I would suggest getting a red Bohning jig (like $30) It is plastic but works awesome. It's NOT the blazer jig. As far as glue, Only glue I use is Goat Tuff but.....it dries really FAST so make sure your fletching is fully contacting your arrow before you apply glue then lock the jig angle down. Now put on the glue and run your finger on the vane to ensure a even coat then put your clamp on and slide it down onto the shaft. It will be dry in about 1 minute..:wink:( I use a right helical clamp)

Sounds like a lot but it's not really. Once you get it set up it goes really fast :) I can do a dozen arrows in about 1 hour.

· Registered
3,137 Posts
bitzenburg jigs, yes they are a bit more expensive, but I think they're worth it, and they will last forever. I have 2 of them, and I use Bohning fletch tite platinum. Best stuff I've used thus far.

Make sure you clean the shaft really good before applying wraps or vanes, and also clean the inside of the arrow before puttin in your inserts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.