Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you don't want to spend $299 for the tote and $299 for the closet read this.

The items in this post are exactly what scent crusher uses for both minus the scent crusher advertising.

I had to make a lot of phone calls to verify the ozone machine was the exact one they use. 500mg/hr. The only difference is the sticker on the front and they added a different type of electrical plug attachment for the 12v adapter. You can buy one of those and just plug this into your car for like $20 if you really need one.

Walmart Tote - $20
O3 ozone machine - $32
Closet - $67

The picture for the closet is literally the same picture except they photoshopped the ozone machine in.

Saves you $480.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good stuff. I am hoping to try this

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Archery Talk forum
just make sure you don't put the closet or tote where you can breathe in the ozone and let it air out 30 minutes after done.

·
Registered
782 Posts
From Wikipedia....
"Whether in its pure form or mixed with other chemicals,*ozone*can be*harmful*to health. When inhaled,*ozone*can damage the lungs. Relatively low amounts of*ozone*can cause chest pain, coughing, shortness of breath and, throat irritation.Aug 7, 2017

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is the ozone harmful to breathe in? I never used ozone but would like to start.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Archery Talk forum
In an enclosed room, yes. Best to leave the tote and closet in the garage and then let it air out.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
man this looks awesome! I was thinking about trying the scent crusher but price was ridiculous. Any truth to ozone generators doing damage to clothes especially rubber/elastic. i just bought a sanctuary set and would hate to ruin them.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I actually just bought a closet from home depot for 10 bucks for this DIY project, but I didn't know what ozone machine to buy. Thanks for posting this!

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
man this looks awesome! I was thinking about trying the scent crusher but price was ridiculous. Any truth to ozone generators doing damage to clothes especially rubber/elastic. i just bought a sanctuary set and would hate to ruin them.
Ozone can harm the elastic, but it takes a long time to break it down from what I've heard. Just do some research on it and use it the correct way and you should be good to go.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Make sure the closet has a bottom, that it's enclosed. O3 is heavier than air and will leave the closet via the open bottom. You want it to stay in the closet to do its work on your gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
I looked at the ozone generator on Amazon and it doesn't look like a standard wall plug. Is there an adapter needed to plug it in?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Gotta try this one good find��

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I looked at the ozone generator on Amazon and it doesn't look like a standard wall plug. Is there an adapter needed to plug it in?
It's a standard wall plug. You were probably looking at a picture of a European wall plug.

·
Registered
11,013 Posts
Thanks for the thread! Just ordered on Amazon for $49 to me a few bucks is worth it if I have a n issue with it.

The unit you cite comes straight from China and takes a month. I'll pass on that and spend a few extra $$.

I already have a solid tote, so I am ready to go.

1 - 20 of 126 Posts