Archery Talk Forum banner

21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
I am a surveyor by profession, and have made a few out of broken carbon fiber prism and GPS rover poles. The top sections are around 3/4" tube. I found some bushings that were the correct OD fie the tubes and had a 5/16 female thread. I epoxies them into the tube and then use a 5/16 stud to go to the bow. The other end is already threaded with 5/8 to go to surveying implements. I bought a knurled brass nut for on the ends. I'll take a picture of one if I remember.

·
Registered
20 Posts
ive used a small diameter pvc pipe and a large bolt for the weight at the end. i just cut down the bolt 1/2 inch at a time until i found a weight i liked

·
Registered
25 Posts
I did a few last week, the sizes 10",8" and 6". I did it with a carbon tube and 3d printed plugs, the weights were made it with washers and I put foam between to create a damping function.
IMG_20190517_080226(1).jpg IMG_20190517_080240(1).jpg IMG_20190517_080330(1).jpg IMG_20190521_193044(1).jpg

·
Registered
675 Posts
Here is one of mine that I started today! Just 3/4” PCV with copper fitting. On the other end I used a rubber cap I found at Home Depot used for a leg of furniture, and had a couple skateboard bearings laying around I repurposed for weight! I drilled holes with the intention of adding the Hoyt Shock Rods as dampeners!! I’ll post completed pics once I’ve painted it!!

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
How did the 3D printed plugs work out for you? Were they strong enough to hold the carbon rod during shooting? What filament did you you - PLA, ABS,......?

·
Registered
167 Posts

This is just the bottom 24” of a cheap fishing pole with a threaded rod, a couple arrow shafts for support and a collar (idk where it came from) for weight.

Kachow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
150 Posts
You can also use old ski poles made from aluminum or carbon. I pick some up at thrift shops for a few dollars.

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
Old carbon shaft golf clubs too, and you can often get them for less than 5.00 at most of the thrift stores.
- Walking sticks
- Ski poles ...

21 - 40 of 62 Posts