Archery Talk Forum banner

41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
Oh ya don't forget bamboo. lightweight and incredibly stiff. Not perfectly straight but hey it is "Organic"...

Attachments

·
Registered
616 Posts
All DIY with the exception of the dampeners. Required the use of a mill and speed lathe. Have another set on my Reign.

·
Registered
96 Posts
You can find threaded rod in the correct pitch for the stab on amazon. I forget what it is. Use a nut to lock to the bow. Then it's a matter of sandwiching rubber spacers and washers. No tools needed beyond a wrench. Hit it with some krylon when done. Cost is like 15 bucks. Tightened my groups latteraly quite a bit. Its weight adjustable by adding washers. Rubber washers absorb shock. Metal ones add weight. Ace hardware has rubber spacers that fit tight to the rid, which the metal washers rest on - no metal/metal contact save for the locking nuts.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I made one for my bow. I used carbon tube that I already had from another project. The tube came from China and was purchased on eBay. It is inexpensive. I have a metal lathe, so I turned my own plugs for each end. I used aluminum on the weight end and Delrin on the end connected to the bow. To dampen any vibration, I cut a couple of groves into the plugs and then used rubber orings between the plug and the carbon.

It seems to work pretty well. I had a factory made stabilizer that was made from some larger carbon tube and I just could not get the weight down as low as I wanted it, so I made my own. I was mainly needing a stabilizer that was about 9" shorter, so that was what I accomplished with this build.

I'll have to take some pics of it to post later, but it turned out pretty decent. If you want to make one, go for it!
😀

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
I made one like this for both my bows. About 14" long, yet folds to fit in bow case. I also use it to carry bow in and out of the woods in the dark. Makes a great handle.
Ches.
Stabilizer 2.jpg

41 - 60 of 62 Posts