Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Beginner
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished this beast of a target backstop. It is 7'W x 6'H, the mat is two sheets of Tractor Supply Horse Mating, the framing is all 2x4s (doubled on legs), rollers were from Amazon. The mats are sandwiched between a front and rear frame and it is two separate pieces that connect with 3 7/16" bolts. Bolts together easily, rolls real nice for storage. The only downside is that the yellow line down the center is actually a "Danger Zone" if using a compound of high speed bow. Behind the mat at the yellow are two verticle 2x2s and if an arrow can penetrate the rubber it will hit solid wood. I needed to do this so there is support for the framing when not bolted together. I have no place to let this thing sit all the time and needed to be able to section it and move it to store. It did end up a bit exspensive (mostly hardware costs) but I think something like this would sell for a lot more than it cost me. Took a few days to precut and paint the wood and about 2 days of relaxed effort work to put it all together and give a final coat of paint. What'ya think? IMG_1174.JPG

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts