Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just started offering a service to help the DIY Tuners. Yes, it is done solely by text and text pics since that would be the most efficient way to go about this service. All I would need is the bow make/model, bow specs, arrow specs, centershot measurement, nock height measurement, measured pre lean if aplicable, side view of yourself at full draw, current cam synch if possible and that would be enough to get started. I would evaluate your specs, have you make initial adjustments if need be and start the tuning process. Once we are in the general area for a good starting base I would then require bareshaft and fletched pics at 10 yards. After that we will progress to 20 yards until that is perfected. You will need to have access to a press, bow vise or an accurate way you could measure nock height. A drawboard is recommended but not the end of the world and we can usually work around it. This gives you an idea of what things I might need up front to get this ball rolling if you might be interested. Please go to my website http://www.ontarget7.com/ and click on the DIY Tuning link, then send me a message if you might be interested in this service. The price is also listed under that link as well.

Thought it would be a great idea to start a thread for the DIY tuning customers of mine. Somewhere they could post their results of before, after and overall experience.
I have had quite the response the first day, so we will see how this turns out and hopefully it will help many of the DIY guys and gals have a better understanding of the tuning process.

Thanks
Shane

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
IMAG0329.jpg

Ill jump in with before and after pics. Lucky for me i was able to begin the learning process about a year and half ago. I was struggling with my cs30 and getting the tune i was after. Thought i needed tremendous cam lean to achieve results and was NOT halpy. Contacted shane and we began to pick everything apart. The first pic is where i started 10 yards bareshaft and fletched. We made dl adjustments timing adjustments cam lean adjustments and most importantly GRIP adjustments. Below is the cam lean i began with. Pic hard to see but tons of lean.

IMAG0327.jpg

Within a 2 days results were much better but not where we wanted them. Within one week i was stacking bareshafts and fletched together at 20 yards 3 out of 5 times. Im now able to shoot bareshaft and fletched arrows together at 40 yards on a day to day basis. Pics below are current cam lean and current results from 30 to 40 yards. Shane has been awsome to work with and has tons of knowledge in this are. If your considering learning how to DIY this is the guy to be in contact with.

20141017_163101.jpg
IMAG0351.jpg

70yds fletched group below

20141102_115057.jpg

With the right amount of determination and willing yo CHANGE these results can be had from anyone! Thats my take on it! Happy shooting!!!

·
Registered
24,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
View attachment 2108876

Ill jump in with before and after pics. Lucky for me i was able to begin the learning process about a year and half ago. I was struggling with my cs30 and getting the tune i was after. Thought i needed tremendous cam lean to achieve results and was NOT halpy. Contacted shane and we began to pick everything apart. The first pic is where i started 10 yards bareshaft and fletched. We made dl adjustments timing adjustments cam lean adjustments and most importantly GRIP adjustments. Below is the cam lean i began with. Pic hard to see but tons of lean.

View attachment 2108889

Within a 2 days results were much better but not where we wanted them. Within one week i was stacking bareshafts and fletched together at 20 yards 3 out of 5 times. Im now able to shoot bareshaft and fletched arrows together at 40 yards on a day to day basis. Pics below are current cam lean and current results from 30 to 40 yards. Shane has been awsome to work with and has tons of knowledge in this are. If your considering learning how to DIY this is the guy to be in contact with.

View attachment 2108902
View attachment 2108894

70yds fletched group below

View attachment 2108907

With the right amount of determination and willing yo CHANGE these results can be had from anyone! Thats my take on it! Happy shooting!!!
Man, I forgot about those pics bro !
You are doing great and actually picked it up very fast, like a sponge absorbing water.

Those groups will give me a run for my money, that's what I like to see.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Thank you! Im sure u will have many more good results for this thread in the future!

·
Registered
11,289 Posts
Last year when tuning my Faktor 30 I was having major problems with bareshaft flight. Shane helped me for FREE and I was able to get my bow shooting great. Shane, I think what you are doing is awesome and would gladly pay for your services in the future!

·
El Cool Arrow >>---->
9,545 Posts
I can also state as most already know Shane is bad ass even over the phone he does miracles. I was having issues keeping my grip perfect and getting inconsisstant arrows flight on bar shafts! A couple adjustmenst via text and in no time blowing arrows up with perfect bare shafts!! No substittution for this guys knowlege and ability!!

Great thing service you are offering! I used to text another tuner here and he has become too good now -- so great to see you stay up like this! I appreciate it and sure others do!

·
Registered
24,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I can also state as most already know Shane is bad ass even over the phone he does miracles. I was having issues keeping my grip perfect and getting inconsisstant arrows flight on bar shafts! A couple adjustmenst via text and in no time blowing arrows up with perfect bare shafts!! No substittution for this guys knowlege and ability!!

Great thing service you are offering! I used to text another tuner here and he has become too good now -- so great to see you stay up like this! I appreciate it and sure others do!
Thanks for the kind words ! Always a pleasure talking with you bro

Last year when tuning my Faktor 30 I was having major problems with bareshaft flight. Shane helped me for FREE and I was able to get my bow shooting great. Shane, I think what you are doing is awesome and would gladly pay for your services in the future!
Glad I could help out !
Thanks

I do not know how I missed this post. I'm in - will be contacting you within a week.
Looking forward to it my friend !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts