Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've got the next 2 Falls off Until I am basically unable to do much hunting for 4 years due to enrollment in Medical School.

I HAVE A SERIOUS BUG TO GET OUT TO OTHER STATES TO TAKE WHITETAIL AND MAYBE MY FIRST MULE DEER.

I've always been happy with taking my one buck in Northern Minnesota each season, but plan to hunt hard this season. I'm working a 7 on 7 off schedule, this schedule leaves about half of my fall completely open. Right now I'm looking at Mule Deer in Western SD and Western NE. I also have a buddy that lives in Sioux Falls SD, so I may hang out there and scope the area for nice Whitetails.

Not looking to take anything giant unless opportunity presents itself. I would be ecstatic to come home with a whitetail 120+ or Mule deer a hair bigger on any of my little expeditions.

Hunting will be on all public lands, archery only, spot and stalk.

Any advice on good locations or tips for hunting any of these areas would be greatly appreciated. This will be my first time doing archery spot and stalk hunting, as I usually hunt heavy woods. I shot a nice whitetail on the ground one time, but only because I jumped him from his bed and pulled off a shot when he stopped to search for what he heard.

Once again any tips are greatly appreciated, and I will update this post about my excursions!!

~Spencer

1 - 1 of 1 Posts