Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
SAVELKSHOOTWOLVES
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made this X-press style a couple years back using Cougar Jim’s X-press plans that are available here and on Youtube with a simple search. Very detailed step by step process that saved myself a lot of time. I did however modify a few things to suit myself. I like the security when pressing with this style of press versus linear style. Milled out a couple sets and they seem to work pretty good and have a lot of room around cam pegs to make work easy. After making these I realized I need to do the following:
1 Downsize the shaft to 7/8” and knurl it.
2 Make the finger about ½ “ inch taller.
3 Trim about 3/16” off the width of the fingers
Wondering if there is a market for this style of fingers with the mentioned modifications for those building an X-Press? Looking for a little design feedback……..

Attachments

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
i will take a set ! way better than the junk plastic adapters ! or make me a set just like my plastic ones so i wont have to redo my whole press?

·
Registered
10,738 Posts
Id be interested

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
81 Posts
Sweet looking press. I have a lot of respect for guys that do this kinda stuff themselves. Have you guys seen BE2000’s press yet? It’s quicker adjusting as the wheels spin on a threaded rod for whatever width you need. Plus it locks the riser down in clamps. He has some very detailed prints available for it that I got from him. Very professional work.
Here’s the link: http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1865338

·
SAVELKSHOOTWOLVES
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sweet looking press. I have a lot of respect for guys that do this kinda stuff themselves. Have you guys seen BE2000’s press yet? It’s quicker adjusting as the wheels spin on a threaded rod for whatever width you need. Plus it locks the riser down in clamps. He has some very detailed prints available for it that I got from him. Very professional work.
Here’s the link: http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1865338
Thanks for the compliment?

Interested to see your build when complete.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts