Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so here's the deal I have a Hoyt rampage xt. It has #3 cam with an "a" mod. Hoyt charts state this combo for 28" dl. If the string and cables were twisted, what would the max be that you could bring the dl down? Also if it were twisted would that change the a2a length as it would by changing the cam to a #2 cam?

·
Registered
126 Posts
you could only get it down maybe another 1/2 inch if that much.I would not recomend doing that though cause it might cause cam lean. as far as a2a it would not cange it enough where you could tell by looking at it.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanx.. I was told the string was twisted to bring the dl down by 1.25" I found that hard to believe though since it still seems like 2" to long for me.

·
Registered
126 Posts
best thing to do is take it to your local pro shop and ask what you could do. If you are a lefty there is a guy on here from Md that has a black rampage with #2 cams for a really good price. I was going to buy it until I found out it had #2 cams

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea the local proshop is who sold it to me and also set it up. I am right handed and finding a number 2 cam online is very tough. Think I'll call another proshop tomorrow. Sucks though cause now it's gonna cost some serious $ I'm sure :cry:

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is there another cam with as good or better performance that would fit this bow? Thinking if I go the route of spending $ I might get an upgraded cam if possible

·
Registered
211 Posts
I have the same issue except mine is a turbohawk. I think I need #2 cams with d mods. Mine seems to draw a little longer than the spec.

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
Ok so here's the deal I have a Hoyt rampage xt. It has #3 cam with an "a" mod. Hoyt charts state this combo for 28" dl. If the string and cables were twisted, what would the max be that you could bring the dl down? Also if it were twisted would that change the a2a length as it would by changing the cam to a #2 cam?
I think I understand what you are asking. The draw length can be changed about 1/4" by twisting/untwisting the string set. I wouldn't try anymore than that. Too many twists in the string and your peep will never be stable. Ask me how I know.........:eek:

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
362 Posts
This is an old thread but I'm new to this problem.. So with the rampage XT with the fuel cams. I thought you only needed to change the module to adjust draw length(and string, cable, buss but not cam) but from what I'm reading here, it seems like your saying if I wanted to change draw length I would need new cams, mods, string, buss, and cable? Wouldn't that make it a cam specific draw length as opposed to a modular dependant one as it's listed? I ask because I just purchased this bow with the #1 module on it and need the #2 module which I bought for $30.. I'm hoping I don't need cams as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts