Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Old school
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife is shooting a Hoyt cam & 1/2 adjustable on a Ultra Elite. The DL is a little long for her and I would like to swap out the cams so it is more comfortable for her.....but I do not know how to measure the exact DL. Could someone explain.

The reason I would like to measure the exact DL is this....on some of Hoyt's DL specific cams their measurements are 27 3/16 or 27 11/16 for the final DL. Any one who has done any tuning on a Hoyt knows you can twist cables until the DL is "out of spec" for the cams.

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
She can nock an arrow and draw it. Then you can put a mark on the arrow directly above the throat of the grip. Measure the arrow from the string groove of the nock to the mark. You may have to put a mark on the riser directly above the throat of the grip, though, to get a good measurement on the arrow. That is the TRUE DRAW. Then add 1.75" to get the AMO DL, which is how the bow is marked. For instance, if the true draw is 25 1/4" then the AMO is 27".

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.