Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The D Loop on my bow turns an 1/8th to a quarter of a turn every shot. I use a Tube-less Peep sight and the peep gets turned on my next shot. Anyone have any advice on getting the DLoop to stop turning?

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
First I would try needlenose pliers. Slip the point in the dloop closed, then pull the pliers open hard to get your knots as tight as you can. If that dont work, serve your dloop in place.....and if that still dont work, get a good set of custom strings so you dont have to worry about peep rotation.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It would be great if someone had a link to instructions or posted the instructions on serving the D Loop to the string. Thanks for the great advice, I will try the needle nose plier trick.

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
Here's what you could do in the meantime:

1) Make sure your D and your peep are correctly aligned

2) use a drop of fletching glue to glue in the top and bottom ends of the D where it meets the string serving.

I would use a thick fletching glue like Fletch tite and nothing thin like superglue. The idea is to bond the surface area together, and not to let the glue seep through the serving.

Alternatively, you could easily do double ties of serving string over and under each end of the D after you're aligned it. Finish off by tying 2 or 3 dead knots, leave 2 to 3 mm and burn carefully.

There ... you're all done! :wink:

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
I don't tie knots in - but if anyone did, they have to be on opposite sides; over and under and finished with a double or triple dead knots with burnt off ends. Could glue them after burning for even more security if needed.

·
Bowhemian
8,300 Posts
First, be sure to use rope which is ideally suited to the task. If you are unsure of the rope you have, you can get a foot of excellent D-loop rope for a dollar from:
http://www.zenitharchery.com/other_products.htm#Bownuts

If you're not sure how to tie the knots, go here: http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=61047&stc=1

Use an extra long piece of rope to tie your knots and pull the loop very tight so the knots are as tight as you can get them. Then cut the ends, burn the end-balls and add a drop of super glue to the core of the knots.

Don't allow the glue to fasten the knots to the bowstring because you want to be able to (forcibly) adjust the loop if (when) the bowstring shifts. You want the knots to be tight enough to hold firmly but not immovably.

If your bowstring is center-served with monofilament you probably won't be able to control the movement of the loop unless you glue the knots with Fletch-Tite (for easier removal). So you can either re-serve it with braided cord or put an end to moving peep problems by adding a T.R.U. Speed-Nok to the bowstring.

This is a nifty little device. Once it's on your bowstring your peep problems are ended. No matter how temperamental your bowstring is, this device will force the peep into perfect alignment every time.

Ten bucks from Lancaster or Cabela's.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I have one on my Hoyt and love it!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone for the great advice... Archerytalk.com is definately the source for archery info!

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
I'm sure I speak for all who posted here when I say, "You're welcome LFH!" :D

All the best and more importantly, have fun shooting but be safe!

·
Bowhemian
8,300 Posts
I failed to mention above that the picture guide to tying the D-loop was created by Jari. Credit for it goes to him.

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
MikeK said:
I failed to mention above that the picture guide to tying the D-loop was created by Jari. Credit for it goes to him.
OMG! I first used those pictures when I had forgot how to tie a D after layin off archery for so long! And I have seen it being passed around and can't imagine how many archers those pictures have helped!

THANKS JARI!

·
Registered
517 Posts
I have had the same problem with the loop walking around the string. I tried pulling it up with needle nose pliers but nothing stopped it from moving. I bought some different loop rope from REDHDCHARM here on AT (see classified) and that was definately better. Another tip is to wax the loop before tying, it will pull up tighter. Check it's not your centre serving that's moving.

Regards

·
Registered
829 Posts
no joke

LiteForceHunter said:
The D Loop on my bow turns an 1/8th to a quarter of a turn every shot. I use a Tube-less Peep sight and the peep gets turned on my next shot. Anyone have any advice on getting the Dollop to stop turning?
I think you need to leave the d-loop alone to settle and then move your peep to the correct position,when you shoot the d-loop in it will settle to your normal shooting position so you need to move your peep,just move one string right or left depending on the way it sits in your string

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just a follow-up. The Needlenose Pliers did the trick. Again Thanks all

·
Registered
13 Posts
I like that tru nock Idea, Do you that use the non-rubber tube peeps like them, whatis the advanatge?

Thanks

1 - 18 of 18 Posts