Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright if you where going to shoot hunter class 3D events and could only choose between these to bows which one would you choose and why.

·
Registered
561 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
I don't think you could go wrong with either one. The DNA SP might be a little easier on the draw, the Decree however is very smooth and faster. I chose the Decree, shoot em both and see what you think

·
Registered
367 Posts
The Decree, to me, is a DNA SP PLUS. Similar feel. Similar ultra smooth draw. Only lighter, faster, and with the most awesome grip profile in the history of gripping stuff.

I tried to sleep with my Decree two nights ago but my wife made me get it out of the bed and take it back to my gun room. He was cold and all he had for company there was a Bow Madness XS, a bunch of AKMs, and a couple of long range .308 rigs. :(
DecreeInField2.jpg

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
The Decree, to me, is a DNA SP PLUS. Similar feel. Similar ultra smooth draw. Only lighter, faster, and with the most awesome grip profile in the history of gripping stuff.

I tried to sleep with my Decree two nights ago but my wife made me get it out of the bed and take it back to my gun room. He was cold and all he had for company there was a Bow Madness XS, a bunch of AKMs, and a couple of long range .308 rigs. :(
View attachment 2111413

Funny ish there. I went from an sp to decree and like the decree better. It definitely draws a little stiffer
But is better all around to me. Faster and quieter for sure, perfect valley for me.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I forgot to mention that it is quieter than the DNA SP. In fact, it is the quietest bow I've ever heard. Another reason I was perplexed the old lady kicked it out of bed. It was completely silent.

Dead at the shot, too. I put two devil horn limbs bands on each limb set and it is so dead and quiet at the shot I have to look at the Whisker Biscuit to make sure the arrow actually went down range.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks all, I plan on shooting both tomorrow side by side.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Can't imagine your wife doing that to you. Did you tell her the dog and kitty have to go as well? We should all get to sleep with our toys.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Can't imagine your wife doing that to you. Did you tell her the dog and kitty have to go as well? We should all get to sleep with our toys.
That's the thing ... almost every night we have two stinky Vizsla hound dogs that snore, a fat three-legged katter kat, and a poly-dactyl calico kitten with 8 toes each foot all sleeping under the covers. I have to lock the animals (and kids) out to have any alone time with the wifey. :(

I just remembered she didn't tolerate my new cherry sunburst G&L Legacy or the orange Gretsch 5120 under the covers, either, when I first bought them all those years ago. :(

I never tried to slip my Callaway Diablo irons in. :D

·
Registered
367 Posts
You guys are killing me!! I have a brand new Decree just sitting under the Christmas tree waiting to be held!!!
LOL. That would be kinda' tough. Maybe you could slip it out to walk-back tune while she's out?

·
Registered
98 Posts
I would say the dna sp. I shot both bows and the decree wasnt for me. Draw was really stiff. And no back wall really. I think the sp is an all around smoother bow and a lot more shootable than the decree

·
Registered
371 Posts
hawk; not certain of the setup of the bow you shot, but the Decree definitely has a back wall to pull against. Mine actually has adjustable stops that will not allow you to go past. You might want to take another look at how that one was set up.

·
Archery Addict
9,251 Posts
I got a chance to shoot the Decree this past week alongside the DNA (mine) and the DNA SP. Even though I LOVE everything about my DNA, the Decree was a lot easier drawing and the shot was very vibe free and quiet. The Decree I shot was bottomed out and pulled right at 63#. My DNA is 60.1#@30". The SP was a little smoother and easier drawing than my DNA, but there wasn't much of a difference otherwise between the two that I could tell. I really noticed the difference in the Decree though. Enough that I'm picking up one in camo this week! The Decree was just a smooth, fast, quiet shooting machine! The guy at the bow shop was really trying hard to sell me a Hoyt Nitrum Turbo. But, there was no comparison in the two. The Decree was just lighter, faster, smoother, and quieter. At 30" dl, the Nitrum Turbo is not fun to shoot.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I preferred the Bowmadness 34 and Source HD over them both. I've had customers shoot the DNA SP side by side with the BM34/Source and preferred them over it.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts