Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I shot a friend's Bob Lee Takedown recurve. It felt like my #45 Bear Kodiak, but he says it's 57 @ 29. Are all Bob Lee bows like this ? If so, one could order a stronger poundage than he/she really wants ?

·
Registered
9,394 Posts
Bob lee bows are smooth and the one I have scales lighter than its marked but I think that is just a coincidence

I would order it he weight you want it not count on it coming in light

·
Premium Member
11,427 Posts
My Bob Lee TD Hunter is 11 years old..about 3 months ago i took it into the local pro shop to have it scaled and measured "After" i set the BH right to the suggested "mean"...it's marked 54#@28"...the scale read 55#s at 28"s...i figure that aint to shabby as that 1lb could be the scale not the bow...i might also mention it's remained strung for all but a few hours cleaning and tweaking time during those past 11 years and yes..i've drawn many other 55# bows that felt like i was trying to pull the world off it's axis as compared to my Bob Lee...like JPar said..they've just got a real smooth draw..and that plays out real well with my minds computer VS a stackmaster. LOL!

here's mine...

·
Registered
908 Posts
Some bows do feel lighter than the scale measures. We call them 'smooth' or 'sweet shooting'. They are keepers. Bob Lee bows are generally smooth and sweet. - lbg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts