Archery Talk Forum banner

Do I have Tainted meat????

834 Views 5 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Huntarcher
Hello all,
I had a good weekend.. Added a doe to the freezer:)
On a side note.. Those rages WOW!!! I always had a hard time tracking deer. I am color blind. This is the first deer I shot with these and I could see blood everywhere.
Anyway, I had a discussion with a friend of mine as I was gutting my deer, I cut the pee bag and had a hard time getting the pooper out. He kept on saying I was tainting the meet. The deer was cleaned with a water hose within 5 mins. It was a good clean kill, through both lungs.....Do I have tainted meat?? I have been hunting 25 years and Im sure I cut pee bags before...so I was thinking he was being anal?
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
756 Posts
No, If you washed it out good you should be fine. I have accidently done this before as well. I try to keep it off all I can when this happens and then was it out with a water hose.

· Registered
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats what I figured...That bags is hard to get out when its full. Its like trying to get a water balloon out:confused:
Maybe next deer I will do surgery and take my time..Maybe deer meat "untainted" has a better taste:wink:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.