Archery Talk Forum banner

Do i need to upgrade

742 Views 6 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Blockcaver
I have a 2009 or 2010 mathews Drenalin. Seems to be a good shooting bow. I dont know much on the tech side of equipment so im wondering if new bows are that much faster, smoother, or easier to tune/shoot.

I guess what im asking is ..." Is my drenalin outdated?"

Appreciate any feedback. Thanx in advace
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2,634 Posts
The Drenalin was the most sought after Mathews that year. I still have the most sought after PSE for 2008 and will never part with my XForce HF6. Not parting with it doesn't mean I don't have other bows. If you think it's time to go test drive some new rides to relieve the Drenaline of some future miles, have at it. There are some really nice bows on the market that may just tickle your fancy.

· Registered
264 Posts
Some people change out bows every year just because they like change. If your fine and happy with the Drenaline, stick with it. Go to a Pro Shop and shoot some newer models, let your hands tell you what you should do.

· Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thx for the Feedback guys. But I guess I wasn't that clear with what I was really looking for. I guess Technologically speaking, is the Drenalin still in the ballpark or is it a dinosaur ?

· Registered
12,015 Posts
You can kill with a 90 model bow. It's up to you if you wanna gain speed and comfort. Some bows are just horrible for me to shoot and the same bow is a joy for others.

· Registered
1,037 Posts
My '07 Drenalin hangs with my '13 Creed just fine. I use both.....the Creed with heavier arrows (475 gr) for bears, elk, moose, etc. I still shoot light arrows (375) in the Drenalin. Both are accurate, but the Creed is noisier. FYI, my '11 Hoyt Carbon Element hangs on the wall and hasn't been shot in over a year, as I find it less accurate than the Mathews bows.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.