Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone compare these 2? I will buy a bow and I'm considering these two bows. I know they are both top of the line. Are there any mechanical and/or design features that give one an advantage over the other? My coinsiderations, in order of importance, are its speed ,how forgiving the bow is, and how smooth it is. :secret: :darkbeer:

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
If you want to remove some of the arbitrariness of the decision and take some of the emotion out of the equation: (“Strip the hype”) (AND this IS ANAL!! So bear with me, BUT the best way to get to the right decision)

We do things like this at work to help decide on the best design approach…

Set up a simple weighting table... (Can be called many different names, but all set up a method of weighing the various parameters that are important.)

Change some of the "customer" wants into measurable, actionable, parameters. Like forgiveness = Brace height? Etc.

Add other parameters, trying to make them comparable and not opinion as much as possible.

Take the arbitrary ones and really think, and get several opinions to form an average, and then use that. MOST IMPORTANTLY. Try the bows yourself for at least 20 to 30 shots and see if your agree with the opinions given.

If something is REAL important double it’s weighting factor.

Below is only an example of what you could do… add or drop to get what you feel is important.

Bow 1 Bow 2

Speed (2 times) 10 8
BH (2 times) 10 8
ATA 5 4
Smoothness 5 5
COST
Warranty
Shop quality
Comfort in hand
Workmanship
Quality of strings
Noise impression
Shock when shooting
Your Overall opinion
Etc.
Etc.
Total
as said.... ANAL! BUT I hope this helps.. The highest number should be the one you get...

tabkle did not come out well.. If interested I can send better through email to you.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I never shot a bowtech but I can say my mach X is very smooth quiet and accurate.

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
I have shot both.

The Mach X is not bad.

My opinion:

Allegiance has less hand shock.

Allegiance is quite a bit quicker (fact not opinion).

I have an easier time drawing the Allegiance. To me, the draw force curve of the binary cams is hard to beat. The Mach X felt like I was working harder to draw it back. When it finally did rollover, I slammed into the wall everytime. It was a very quick rollover. Even when trying, I had a hard time finishing out the draw smooth.

I prefer the Allegiance hands down.

You need to shoot both though. The Mach X might be your perfect bow. You won't know until you try both.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
The Mach X has to be one of the quietest bows that I have ever shot. I do not know anyone with an Allegiance to really add to any knowledgeon that, but you should pick the bow that fits you best. Try to shoot both and then make your decision.

·
Registered
578 Posts
bow

If you can wait a couple weeks both the mach X and the bowtech tribute are on the bow test we just finished up------- check out the link below. Both did well- send me a PM with any questions you may have

Jon

·
Registered
128 Posts
I would go with the allegiance and i have shot both bows. The Mach x to me had too much vibration for the sticker that was on it.

·
Registered
9,795 Posts
I think the Mach X is a great looking bow, and holds well (but never shot it). If I were going to get another single cam bow, this would probaably be at the top of the list.

BUT... there is NO WAY I'd EVER reccommend it over an Allegiance.... NEVER. The Allegiance is a remarkable bow that excels in every area, and really has no peers (other than it's Bowtech siblings).

-ZA

·
roll tide roll!
3,652 Posts
well i cant say about the mach x, but the bowtechs sure are nice..... go check out a ross as well, i believe you will be impressed very much!:wink:

·
Real helos, have 2 rotors
10,241 Posts
You need to find a reason that you like one or the other so much you will defend it to the death!

Otherwise all the folks on this forum will eat you alive and have you hating your brand new bow!

·
Registered
533 Posts
you listed the three things you thought were important. speed was the first one. you answered your own question-the allegiance nothing beats it!

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
leon j chartier said:
I never shot a bowtech but I can say my mach X is very smooth quiet and accurate.
... and the draw on the Mach X is sweeeeeeeeet! I also find the Mach X grip to be supremely comfortable.
Haven't tried the BT's though.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts